Hacking WAD Manager

D

Deleted User

Nintendo_Chick said:
You just bumped a year old thread to announce a month old app is out on a forum that has at least 3 topics about it already.
For once, I agree with Nintendo_Chick.

No wonder this guy is called nerdii.

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting this on the correct thread, I have a Harvest Moon wad file installed with wad installer on my Japanese Wii, the problem is that, the game won't load and comes up with an error in japanese. where's the problem?
I already have World of Goo installed and it's working fine btw.

edit: Yep! Defend Your Castle and also Lost wind won't work either!

blinktoday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
psxgamer said:
Hello everyone, I hope I'm posting this on the correct thread, I have a Harvest Moon wad file installed with wad installer on my Japanese Wii, the problem is that, the game won't load and comes up with an error in japanese. where's the problem?
Your are probably missing ios53 or 55 download an install them

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
1.Welcome to 2008! =P
2.The wad needs to be the same region as your Wii (NTSC-J in your case), otherwise use the app called Free the Wads, to make your wad region free.

TroyTheZombie

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
psxgamer said:

edit: Yep! Defend Your Castle and also Lost wind won't work either!

The wads probably aren't region free. There is an app to change that called freethewads. or alternatively, you can use wwpacker to unpack it, then use the region changing packer that comes with wwpacker.

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
blinktoday said:
psxgamer said:
Thanks for the quick reply!
I just checked the ios you mentioned from Homebrew Channel, it says it's ios36, so it mean it's a bit too old for running these games right?
and exactly what are these ios things? are they system software files? and where to get the latest?
sorry if the questions are a bit n00bii.

OriginalHamster

UStealthy
Trophies
XP
Country
Cote d'Ivoire
psxgamer said:
blinktoday said:
psxgamer said:
I just checked the ios you mentioned from Homebrew Channel, it says it's ios36, so it mean it's a bit too old for running these games right?
and exactly what are these ios things? are they system software files? and where to get the latest?

If you got a "message" when start a game it´s because your wad (game/channel) is different region as your Wii, in this case use Freethewads to patch your wad, and make it compatible with your region. In your case the message is in japanese, in american Wii´s it´s "you can´t use this channel"

or

If the game "kicks you out" to the Wii menu then there´s a problem with some missing IOS.

I think you have a region compatibility problem, because the games you mention don´t use newer IOS.

psxgamer

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Iran
OriginalHamster said:
psxgamer said:
blinktoday said:
psxgamer said:

If you got a "message" when start a game it´s because your wad (game/channel) is different region as your Wii, in this case use Freethewads to patch your wad, and make it compatible with your region. In your case the message is in japanese, in american Wii´s it´s "you can´t use this channel"

or

If the game "kicks you out" to the Wii menu then there´s a problem with some missing IOS.

I think you have a region compatibility problem, because the games you mention don´t use newer IOS.
THANKS A MILLION OriginalHamster! They're all working now with Freethewads, it was a region incompatibility.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land