Hacking Wad installer problem (possibly bricked wii)

pyrofreak421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was trying to install some virtual console wads and i ran the wad installer like i usually do. When I go to reset the wii it won't go past the initial boot screen. I believe i installed 1 too many games the n4 game i installed must have been a lot bigger then i thought. Since i can't actually get to the wii menu at all is there a way for me to reformat the wii and start from scratch or am i up shit creek w/o a paddle?

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
What exactly did you install, and do you just get a black screen after the warning screen? If so, it sounds like a banner brick, which cannot currently be fixed without a drive chip.

infinete

The Temp's cynic.
Trophies
XP
Country
what did you install exactly.....cos if you did install too many vc/ww games, the wii would just take you to the data management screen and tell you to remove some........it wouldn't stop you from doing anything......so what did you intsall?

Edit: seems g4jek8j54 beat me to it
tongue.gif

pyrofreak421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
a bunch of bannered injects i'm thinking that was the issue. Cause i get to the warning screen and then it starts playing the menu music and stops. I would like to unbrick it if possible and i wanted to try and mod my wii so if you could point me in the direction of a drive chip and a guide to help me out i would be much appreciative

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know much about drive chips, so I can't really help you about making a decision on what chip to use. However, what firmware is your Wii at? If it is at 3.3, do you still have the Twilight Hack on your console? If you are at 3.3 and do not have the Twilight Hack, then even with a drive chip, you can't currently fix it.

pyrofreak421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have the twilight hack installed still i don't play twilight princess anyways and i and not sure about the firmware number I have the firmware before they tried to stop the hack that's all i really can tell

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
pyrofreak421 said:
i have the twilight hack installed still i don't play twilight princess anyways and i and not sure about the firmware number I have the firmware before they tried to stop the hack that's all i really can tell

I banner Bricked my Wii

Okay, then you should have a firmware of 3.2 or lower. If so, with a drive chip, you can automatically boot the WAD Manager by using this disc image. You may want to keep the WAD files, as I think that you need them in order to uninstall them from your console.

Even if you happen to have 3.3, if you still have the Twilight Hack on your console, you can just make a disc image of Twilight Princess that will automatically boot, as it does not use the signing bug. From there, you can load the ELF/DOL file of the WAD Manager.

pyrofreak421

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so there isn't a way to fix the banner brick?
i wanted to install a mod chip anyways but now i have an imperative reason if i can actually fix the banner brick

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
No problem, but just to answer the previous question, yes, you will need a drive chip to fix the banner brick. You won't be able to run a burned disc on an unmodified Wii.

g4jek8j54

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
samsam12 said:
there is a way to recovery from a banner brick without a chip. you need Starfall installed with the hold y to load rescue menu and the tp hack.

I completely forgot about that, and that might work. However, he would still need to have those hacks installed.

bigjzus

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi guys,

I think I just banner brick-blocked my Wii. I must've installed too many VC games. Either way, after using wad installer and it installing all my games, I reseted my console and after pressing A at the welcome screen, the screen stays black, makes the Wii beginning sound, but freezes there. I currently have 3.3U firmware and it will no allow to boot the Manager as it is homebrew. I cannot use a auto-boot Zelda Disc as it will not boot to it. I have tried all the methods here.

Does anyone know how I can manage to unbrick my Wii?

WiiCrazy

Be water my friend!
Trophies
Website
www.tepetaklak.com
XP
Country
bigjzus said:
Hi guys,

I think I just banner brick-blocked my Wii. I must've installed too many VC games. Either way, after using wad installer and it installing all my games, I reseted my console and after pressing A at the welcome screen, the screen stays black, makes the Wii beginning sound, but freezes there. I currently have 3.3U firmware and it will no allow to boot the Manager as it is homebrew. I cannot use a auto-boot Zelda Disc as it will not boot to it. I have tried all the methods here.

Does anyone know how I can manage to unbrick my Wii?

By freezing you mean wii doesn't respond to wiimotes or you got an error in the screen and can't see the menu (that's what happens when allowed limit for storage filled beyond)

Since you say you tried auto-boot Zelda then I assume you have modchip... Savemii (http://savemii.net) may solve your problem.

By the way, probably one of the vc games you installed had bad banners

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Nut on the hill