wad installer not working

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by Twiggy12, Nov 1, 2008.

1. Twiggy12
    OP

Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2008
    Aussie land (Australia)
    ok im trying to install a wad so i use wad installer and wad manager, when i go to homebrew channel i select it, it loads , then it says its not a valid wii aplication, any ideas?

using homebrew channel 9
    i havent updated to the october update

PAL wii

i tried the aplications sepretly and then i ussed the wankiko ap pack in downloads

i have renamed the boot.elf to boot.dol and still aint working help please!

2. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    you cant just rename - but HB 9 doesnt support elf files so you need to find the DOL version of that ELF you have
    What exactly is not running ?
    Is it one of the programs within HB 9 or is it HB 9 itself ?

3. Twiggy12
    OP

Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2008
    Aussie land (Australia)
    basicly all wankiko apps and hb 9 does work just not the apps (others do work)

4. djtaz

djtaz PM's Full - Wadder Me

Sep 21, 2008
    still not helping - ur just babbling really - when we ask questions like that its best to answer with specifics if you want help

5. Twiggy12
    OP

Twiggy12 GBAtemp Fan

Sep 23, 2008
    Aussie land (Australia)
    ok here i go...

i have had homebrew channel 9 for ....1 day now, i have quite a few homebrew and i heard about wad installer/manager so i downloaded them both seperatly i put files on the sd card and when i try to open it the thing loads and then it says "not a valid wii aplication"

so i looked for other versions and found one of most wankiko apps so i put them in the apps folder and try them but the same thing happens

and im using PAL wii (the newer one the db3? i think it was) and im not on the newest firmware just the one before it

there is that specific enough?

6. ComplicatioN

ComplicatioN Broken Barriers

Aug 23, 2008
    Thousand Sunny
    i changed my from elf to dol then it didn't work :wtf: had to re download then eventually it worked

7. SgtYutz

SgtYutz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 22, 2008
    Canada
    BC CANADA
    I had the same prob with wad installers and HBC beta9, so all i did was downgrade to HBC beta8 and use wadmanager1.3 .There problem solved (also half of my homebrew and apps stopped working when i upgraded to 9).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice