Hacking Wad install problems

aladd04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm trying to install some games that i downloaded using my USB stick since my sd card reader on my computer broke. It reads the wads off of the SD card fine, but i have no way of adding the newer games to it. So i tried using my USB device but everytime i choose USB Mass Storage it comes up with a -1 error as if nothing's there. I have a folder named "wad" on the root of my USB drive along with the apps i need, and the things i've tried haven't worked so far so any help would be greatly appreciated!
smile.gif
. thanks in advance

aladd04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have "CIOS 14" is that the same?

and i tried version 1.5 before and it wouldn't load anything at all so i went back to 1.3. Is there any way i can get this to work on 1.3?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Most likely your USB Stick just don´t work with the Wad Manager. But did you tried the USB Stick with another Port or another app (HBC for example) ?
Anyway if you want you can try this http://filetrip.net/f6103-WAD-Manager-1-5-GUI.html and just make your PC directory with the games accessible over your network and enter the settings for the share.
Then you should be able to install games directly from your PC.

aladd04

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
yes, i tried both usb ports. and i didn't try any other hbc applications, but all the applications show up on the hbc and seem accessible. but i could go see if other applications work.

if i have to i may look into downloading them directly, the problem then is i can't bring this over to my friends to give the games to him, he'd just have to bring his wii over here. but that's not a huge issue.

or i could just by a usb adapter for my sd card, but i don't feel like wasting $10 lol

Posts merged

what's wiixplorer? and how would i do that?

nIxx

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
WiiXplorer is like a file manager for the Wii anyway the Wad Manager i mentioned installs directly the WAD from your share directory without copying, start the wadmanager and so.

DarkMatterCore

Finding my light.
Developer
Trophies
Website
github.com
XP
Country
Spain
Try also with the IOS 36 (trucha bugged, of course) if you have compatibility problems (I have a Kingston 8 GB USB stick and I can only install WAD's with it by loading that IOS), although the fact my console has the cIOS rev14.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.theverge.com/2024/7/26/24206529/intel-13th-14th-gen-crashing-instability-cpu-voltage-q-a