[vWii] Wiiflow black screen upon loading game

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by MattKimura, Mar 4, 2015.

1. MattKimura
    OP

MattKimura 3DS & WiiU Enthusiast

Jun 30, 2014
    United States
    So I finally successfully installed Homebrew Channel on vWii and installed Cios D2x using THIS GUIDE

So now I'm having issues with loading a game from Wiiflow. I just recently bought a Y cable for my HDD and now it can read the game from my HDD and display it on Wiiflow. But when I load it, it just gives me a black screen. I'm pretty sure it's not my HDD that's giving me the problem, it has enough power to be powered up now.

What can be the problem?

2. nbchick

nbchick Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Canada
    Load the game and walk away for 10 minutes. It takes time for Wiiflow to read/load the game. If you're using a normal HDD, that would be even slower. So let it go, come back in 20 minutes

3. Diegojmr

Diegojmr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2015
    Mexico
    Hi my english its not good but.. You need to open the game and just before to run select options or configuration and select ios 251 in the last page

4. Bu2d85

Bu2d85 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

GBAtemp Patron
    Bu2d85 is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Nov 6, 2014
    United States
    If it taking that long to load games you have some serious problems.

How many games do you have? Do they all have the same problem? Do you have any sound?

If it's a PAL game you need to force video modes to NTSC.

5. Diegojmr

Diegojmr Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 7, 2015
    Mexico
    He says the black screen and not load the game freezes. The same thing happened to me. Browse and search and found that the solution is to load the game with cios 251He says the black screen and not load the game freezes. The same thing happened to me. Browse and search and found that the solution is to load the game with 251 and works... Sorry for my english but i want to help

6. nbchick

nbchick Member

Newcomer
    Mar 2, 2015
    Canada

I was loading from a USB thumb drive NTFS formatted, about 5 games. I've since switched to a HDD and it's much faster from the HDD. Also NTFS. Which makes no sense since thumb = flash memory but oh well.

Mr. Mysterio likes this.
  7. SuzieJoeBob

SuzieJoeBob NOT a New Member

GBAtemp Patron
    SuzieJoeBob is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Dec 20, 2008
    United States
    If the games are loading (no matter how long it takes), the storage media is the culprit. If games not loading at all, then you are using the "wrong USB port". On my original Wii and vWii, one USB port will work with WiiFlow and the other causes the system to freeze upon loading a game.

8. FIX94

FIX94 Global Moderator

Global Moderator
    Dec 3, 2009
    Germany
    ???
    you might want to try going into the options, second page, startup options and enable force cios load. Some problematic hdds can be fixed that way.