Hacking VWii Usb Loader GX Issue (stuck on initializing usb device)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RareKirby

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Been using Usb Loader GX for a long time now, on my old Wii U. Even got Nintendont to work on it, bought a new Wii U to get loadiine on it recently and I later got Usb Loader GX on this new Wii U too. But the problem is now is that I get stuck on ''initializing usb device'' when I enter USB Loader GX. What's the problem here? I checked the hard drive on my PC and it see's the drive fine with all the files. I use a Y cable and i try switching the power and power data usb. Nothing works. Nintendo wants to format it which is normal. Could it be my Y cable? Tried looking for answers from other people who had my problem but most are talking about the issue on an actual Wii.

TotalInsanity4

GBAtemp Supreme Overlord
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I also had this issue when setting up USBGX. Try switching USB ports and switching the USB settings from port "0" to "1" or vice versa. Also make sure that your cIOSs are properly set up

Sithel

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I had the same issue. I had an old WD 500GB My Book External Desktop USB 2.0 HD that worked fine but was getting full. I swapped everything over to a portable WD Elements 2TB USB 3.0 and got the issue of USB Loader GX not recognizing the drive. Tried a Y cable for the extra power and still same issue. Being I cloned the drive, everything was the same and still didn't work so I just thought it was a compatibility issue with usb loader. I ended up buying a WD 2TB My Book Desktop External USB 3.0 Model: [WDBFJK0020HBK-NESN] and cloned everything to that drive and now it recognized and is working perfectly.

AmyGrrl

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I think your issue is you installed the wrong IOS. You have 2 that you can install. (d2x-v10-beta53-alt-vWii & d2x-v10-beta52-vWii) Each one supports different devices. I don't recall what one does what. But one of them is better at reading from USB. So depending on which one you installed. Then install the other one instead.

I myself ran into this issue. I use a 256GB SDXC Card to boot Wii games. WiiFlow wouldn't let me load any games. Was told to switch to the other IOS that had better compatibly with SD Cards. After I installed the right one. WiiFlow started working.

Reactions: TotalInsanity4

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Reactions: TotalInsanity4
Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News