Hacking vwii brick. Idiot needs help

Andrewbinns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
So........I proper bricked the vwii via using the wrong files that were left on the sd card from previous Wii hacking. I have no back up files either. Its dead. I accept that.
My Wii has been updating fine but now the 5.5.1 update won't update and now games have updates that won't install without the system update. I'm currently on 5.5.0.
Am I proper screwed.?
Error 106 - 3206 I think

Last edited by Andrewbinns,

rw-r-r_0644

Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So........I proper bricked the vwii via using the wrong files that were left on the sd card from previous Wii hacking. I have no back up files either. Its dead. I accept that.
My Wii has been updating fine but now the 5.5.1 update won't update and now games have updates that won't install without the system update. I'm currently on 5.5.0.
Am I proper screwed.?
Error 106 - 3206 I think
AFAIK yes, unless you made a backup of IOSes (an optional step) as for now there is no way to use IOSes from other consoles or from NAND backup. I'm sorry

Last edited by rw-r-r_0644,

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
there is no way to use IOSes from other consoles
you can use vIOS from other people's backups as long as they are clean and are the latest revision iirc.

this is because of some Wii IOSs installed or vIOSs missing.
if your vWii can still boot and you can get some of the hack loading exploits working, you might be able to unbrick
what Wii IOSs did you install?

Reactions: rw-r-r_0644

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Here simple steps to know if you can fix your vWii. (Edit : This Q/A is outdated now that we can access vWii NAND from WiiU mode!)
Click "reply" to my post and fill the answers.
Reply to each question in order to find which is the last question you could reply.

1. Can you still run vWii ?
- no : sorry, it's a full brick.
- yes : next question

2. Can you run HBC?
- yes : run syscheck and post the result. follow the tutorial in my signature, don't post the wrong file! (Run the latest version, do not run your version. DELETE all your Wii SD card content or use a new SD card only for vWii)
- no, or not installed : go to next question

3. Do you have a USBLoader forwarder installed ?
- USBLoader forwarder installed : good, you can fix it.
- Other forwarder installed : You still have a chance, tell us which one you have and reply to next question.
- no : next question

4. Did you install vWii cIOS or wii cIOS ? and are they still available?
- no cIOS or IOS236 : You can't fix it.
- Wii cIOS installed : sorry, you can't do anything.
- vWii cIOS installed: you still have a chance to fix your semi-brick, go to next question.
- You don't know if Wii or vWii, or if you have any cIOS installed : we will have to check. go to next question.

5. Do you have a game disc compatible with vWii exploit?
- no : You will need one.
- yes : next question

6. Is your exploit game still working?
- no : try another compatible game.
- yes : you can fix your semi-brick as long as your game disc can be launched (you need the correct requested IOS working, different game use different IOS slot).

Andrewbinns

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
It's a full brick. Vwii black screen and hangs. There were Wii cios on the sd card that I didn't realise. I'm not fussed about the vwii more bothered about updating the Wii u. Is my only hope hoping that one day 5.5.0 will one day be able to spoof higher firmware

pedro702

Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
if you cant even enter vwii then you cant fix it sadly, just hope for 5.5.0 kernel someday to spoof to higer versions or iosu to unbrick your vwii until then your screwed.

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when i launch brawl it just gives me the blackscreen and HBC is doing the same thing
i have my keys and nand backup
there was probably a mod of vIOS 36 (for brawl?) and vIOS58. do you have any other exploit games? (LEGO Indiana Jones, LEGO Star Wars, ect.)

HunterMK8

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
no i only have brawl
do you have any fowarder channels installed? (USB GX, Wiiflow)
if so, can you access them? you might be able to save your vwii
if you dont have them/cant access, you might have to drop some cash on another exploit game and hope it uses an unmodified vIOS. the lego games go for dirt cheap these days anyways (Lego Star Wars is $10 USD at my local game stop)

if you're able to access a fowarder to boot homebrew, run this first and check the IOSes. Syscheck HDE

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Are my questions too hard to follow and answer in order?
we still need to ask the same question, while you could have answered them all at once, and you still are not answering them.
If you don't listen to users who want to help you, you might break it even more.

metal_mario

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
so i bought the batman videogame with the bathax ive done everything correct
the screen turns black and then the press one to continue text needs to pop up but it doent?
any help?:(

Nikki_swap

The Lewdest
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so i bought the batman videogame with the bathax ive done everything correct
the screen turns black and then the press one to continue text needs to pop up but it doent?
any help?:(
You should answer Cyan's questions so that people can help you correctly, make an effort to be helped even if English might not be your main language.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.