Hacking Vwii app file in folder named wrong

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi the Vwii file in the apps folder is not named right i tried to install wiiflow and it got renamed and now vwii homebrew no longer launches

It ended up being called USBCÉ▐╡.

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi the Vwii file in the apps folder is not named right i tried to install wiiflow and it got renamed and now vwii homebrew no longer launches

It ended up being called USBCÉ▐╡.

Note: i am having a more serious issue now, what would be the easiest way to start from scratch? My sd card failed so i lost everything i spent 2 days installing minus the nand backups

Last edited by FlameRider,

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
What for a file?
Virtual wii file for the apps but it seems its wrong anyway the apps got overwritten by a file but my sd card has failed so i need someones help now to reset the nand or how to restore it to working order by either redoing the mod or something else

Note: not sure im explaining very well with my wording as i am not sure how to word it but my sd card has failed now and would appericate help from someone on how to fix my issue

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

Copy all your files from your SD card to your PC, then format your SD card and put your folders back on it.

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello

Copy all your files from your SD card to your PC, then format your SD card and put your folders back on it.
I cant its asking to be formatted

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

I don't know what you mean. Really. Sorry. Can you post a screenshot?
I can't as i was saying that the sd card has now failed it is asking to be formatted now

jeannotte

Trophies
XP
Country
France
Hello

SD card capacity (GO) ??

in what format is it formatted ??

the little "" lock "" on the side of the SD card is not locked in writing ??

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hello

SD card capacity (GO) ??

in what format is it formatted ??

the little "" lock "" on the side of the SD card is not locked in writing ??
please listen to what i am saying, it was all working i got into a gamecube iso and was booting fine and then when i went to install a new app for wii backups and the whole sd card had an issue booting homebrew and then proceeded to fail it keeps asking to format now

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
I still cant fix this does anyone have advice as all of the contents of my sd card are gone and i dont know how to fix it i tried putting them back onto another sd card but it says -4 in homebrew

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Update: I cannot close this thread to updates but it is now closed by my comments as i no longer need a reply here as i ended up having to return the wii u to get a replacement just returned to my local ebgames to get a replacement and am up and running now

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Update: I cannot close this thread to updates but it is now closed by my comments as i no longer need a reply here as i ended up having to return the wii u to get a replacement just returned to my local ebgames to get a replacement and am up and running now

Oh no! Don't return your Wii U over this. I could have told you your problem from the start, your SD card is faulty. It claims to be able to hold a certain amount of data, but in reality the amount it can hold is far less than it claims, and once you hit the actual limit, the stuff you add gets corrupted and incorrect file names like you see and things stop working when used with a Wii or Wii U (or anything really). The simple solution is to simply get a new SD card, (a legit one at that, do not buy it from third parties online, if the price seems to good to be true, it likely is, I highly recommend buying SD cards from the likes of Best Buy, or directly from the card manufacturer like Sandisk or PNY). I can guarantee this was your actual problem, it's happend to me, and it's happened to many others I've seen. I guarantee that if you keep using your same SD card as you have with your new Wii U, you will run into the same exact problem. Side note, that data you had originally on your SD card, after the card got corrupted is probably all corrupted, you'll have to build back up all the content you did have on your old SD card from scratch, and put them instead on a new legit SD card.

Last edited by MikaDubbz,

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Oh no! Don't return your Wii U over this. I could have told you your problem from the start, your SD card is faulty. It claims to be able to hold a certain amount of data, but in reality the amount it can hold is far less than it claims, and once you hit the actual limit, the stuff you add gets corrupted and incorrect file names like you need and things stop working when used with a Wii or Wii U. The simple solution is to simply get a new SD card, (a legit one at that, do not buy it from third parties online, if the price seems to good to be true, it likely is, I highly recommend buying SD cards from the likes of Best Buy, or directly from the card manufacturer like Sandisk or PNY). I can guarantee this was your actual problem, it's happend to me, and it's happened to many others I've seen. I guarantee that if you keep using your same SD card as you have with your new Wii U, you will run into the same exact problem. Side note, that data you had originally on your SD card, after the card got corrupted is probably all corrupted, you'll have to build back up all the content you did have on your old SD card from scratch, and put them instead on a new legit SD card.
My problem was i actually didn't keep backups of the files after modifying it aside from nand i used two different sd card cards as stated and couldn't fix it

Also i already stated that sd card failed and i got a new one i don't know why you people don't read what i actually say before posting a reply

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My problem was i actually didn't keep backups of the files after modifying it aside from nand i used two different sd card cards as stated and couldn't fix it

Still, if you're seeing file and folder names starting to appear in your SD card with titles like USBCÉ▐╡. I can guarantee that you have a fake SD card. Like it will work, but it wont hold nearly as much as it claims it really can, and it doesn't actually stop accepting data at the limit and instead corrupts. Stop using that card, else you'll continue to run into similar issues if you again break the actual data limit of the card.

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Still, if you're seeing file and folder names starting to appear in your SD card with titles like USBCÉ▐╡. I can guarantee that you have a fake SD card. Like it will work, but it wont hold nearly as much as it claims it really can, and it doesn't actually stop accepting data at the limit and instead corrupts. Stop using that card, else you'll continue to run into similar issues if you again break the actual data limit of the card.
Yeah it wasn't fake it was a corrupted file or virus it was also a micro sd card and am now using a standard sd card and again that card failed so cant use it again so idk what your talking about going through similar issues i already said my issue here is sorted

Also to clarify it was this sd card https://www.amazon.com.au/Sandisk-U...s=sandisk+64gb+micro+sd&qid=1572749223&sr=8-1

so def not fake

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah it wasn't fake it was a corrupted file or virus it was also a micro sd card and am now using a standard sd card and again that card failed so cant use it again so idk what your talking about going through similar issues i already said my issue here is sorted

Also to clarify it was this sd card https://www.amazon.com.au/Sandisk-U...s=sandisk+64gb+micro+sd&qid=1572749223&sr=8-1

so def not fake

Hopefully it was just a corrupted file. All the same, be wary of official looking cards online. I can't stress it enough, even if it looks like you got a legit Sandisk card, unless you bought it from a reputable brick and mortar store or directly from the card manufacturer, you still may have a fake card presenting itself as a genuine one.

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hopefully it was just a corrupted file. All the same, be wary of official looking cards online. I can't stress it enough, even if it looks like you got a legit Sandisk card, unless you bought it from a reputable brick and mortar store or directly from the card manufacturer, you still may have a fake card presenting itself as a genuine one.
Just to Clarify not trying to be rude or anything just annoyed that people keep disregarding most of what i say before making a reply, I am pretty certain it wasn't fake and i just made a mistake and also did not keep the sd card backed up after modifying files and then it started to fail somehow i have had multiple sd cards fail before most aren't that reliable if used a certain way especially micro sd cards but i had lost all of the files in the end to be able to get it back to usable state

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just to Clarify not trying to be rude or anything just annoyed that people keep disregarding most of what i say before making a reply, I am pretty certain it wasn't fake and i just made a mistake and also did not keep the sd card backed up after modifying files and then it started to fail somehow i have had multiple sd cards fail before most aren't that reliable if used a certain way especially micro sd cards but i had lost all of the files in the end to be able to get it back to usable state

Ok, I've heard you, I'm just saying, don't be sure your card is in the clear just because it looks like a legit one.

Reactions: jeannotte

FlameRider

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Ok, I've heard you, I'm just saying, don't be sure your card is in the clear just because it looks like a legit one.
I am actually fairly familiar with the workings on fake hardware they have a lot of guides on YouTube etc but i am also fairly certain that if it was fake amazon would not sell it as it is from them them selves here in Australia Not saying it cant happen but i know what to look for computer side to see if its fake or not

MikaDubbz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am actually fairly familiar with the workings on fake hardware they have a lot of guides on YouTube etc but i am also fairly certain that if it was fake amazon would not sell it as it is from them them selves here in Australia Not saying it cant happen but i know what to look for computer side to see if its fake or not

Well the fake one I bought in the past was from Amazon, in fact that's where most reportings of fake cards seem to come from. I'm not trying to insist that you have one, but you're excusing away the possibility that you have a fake one by explaining the exact situation that led to me having a fake one in the past.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    rvtr @ rvtr: Spam bots again.