vwii advice needed

Discussion in 'Wii U - Hacking & Backup Loaders' started by street, Feb 1, 2016.

1. street
    OP

street Banned

Banned
    Jan 17, 2016
    i was using a usb hdd formatted to wbfs but just found out i can use fat 32 can someone explain how i would set the file structor up for games how would i transfer them to the hdd do i copy the iso or extract it same goes for gamecube games how do i go about putting the games across

2. mediabob

mediabob GBAtemp Regular

Mar 7, 2010
    United States
    Use Wii backup manager for Wii games, put them in a folder named wbfs all lower case in the hard drive root. Some USB loaders like the game in a folder with the game name and ID like

Usb1/wbfs/Super Mario Galaxy[SP4E01]/galaxy.wbfs

For GameCube it depends on the loader, for Nintendont the game should be named game.iso, inside a folder with the game name, and that folder in folder named games in the HD root. So...

Usb1/games/Super Mario Sunshine[SMNE16]/game.iso

FAT32 has a file size limit of 4gb so you will need to use Wii Backup Manager to split larger games.

On "that iso site" someone had a program that will convert a wbfs portion to Fat32 for you without taking everything off and putting it back.

You can get game ID at gametdb.com

Forgot to add, the partition needs to be primary and active, and if you have multiple Fat32 needs to be first in the partition table. Also I think Nintendont requires the disk to be MBR not GPS and 32k cluster size

Last edited by mediabob, Feb 1, 2016
    JohnathanMonkey likes this.
  3. street
    OP

street Banned

Banned
    Jan 17, 2016
    Thank you for this info i will attempt this in the morning this really should be stickied