TEMPORARY MODE ENABLED
New posts, edits, and any changes will not be saved during the transition period.
Registrations are temporarily disabled until the migration is complete.

1. TheCasketMan

OP TheCasketMan Keyblade Apprentice

United States
    I know a VPN works in a wifi connection, but if I want to use a VPN (to be specific, privateinternetaccess)
    on my 4G tmobile smartphone, will it work, or are VPNs only for wifi. Another question is. Does tmobile allow the use to use a VPN on their network or is it against the rule?

2. henrytemp

henrytemp Member
    Newcomer

I use a VPN - (PIA, Private Internet Access) on a T-mobile cellular connection; HSDPA and all below. It works perfect and DL, UL, PING is almost the same speed; maybe 5 - 10% slower.
    I recommend PIA, £25 - 12 months and there is also a free Android application. You can have 3 devices connected at the same time.

3. oliv88

oliv88 Newbie
    Newcomer

United States
    I use ExpressVPN, and I use it on my 4G T-mobile smartphone.

"When trying to connect to your VPN, be sure you're connected to the T mobile LTE network. If you have a server using, for example, L2TP/IPSec and it's not connecting it could be because T Mobile uses IPv6 by default. ... Many customers have used Private Internet Access to connect to the VPN."

4. GothicIII

GothicIII GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Gambia, The
    VPN on Client Side:
    As long you are not in a country where it is forbidden, sure why not.

VPN on Server Side:
    As far as I know mobile network is natted. So you share your outbond IP with many others. That means getting inbound connections is a real problems since there is no way to tell where to go.
    Won't work out of the box and I am not sure if it is even manageable without having a special contract with the service provider.

Draft saved Draft deleted

Hide similar threads Similar threads with keywords - Network,