Android VPN on 4G Network?

TheCasketMan

Keyblade Apprentice
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I know a VPN works in a wifi connection, but if I want to use a VPN (to be specific, privateinternetaccess)
on my 4G tmobile smartphone, will it work, or are VPNs only for wifi. Another question is. Does tmobile allow the use to use a VPN on their network or is it against the rule?

henrytemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I use a VPN - (PIA, Private Internet Access) on a T-mobile cellular connection; HSDPA and all below. It works perfect and DL, UL, PING is almost the same speed; maybe 5 - 10% slower.
I recommend PIA, £25 - 12 months and there is also a free Android application. You can have 3 devices connected at the same time.

oliv88

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I use ExpressVPN, and I use it on my 4G T-mobile smartphone.

"When trying to connect to your VPN, be sure you're connected to the T mobile LTE network. If you have a server using, for example, L2TP/IPSec and it's not connecting it could be because T Mobile uses IPv6 by default. ... Many customers have used Private Internet Access to connect to the VPN."

GothicIII

Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
VPN on Client Side:
As long you are not in a country where it is forbidden, sure why not.

VPN on Server Side:
As far as I know mobile network is natted. So you share your outbond IP with many others. That means getting inbound connections is a real problems since there is no way to tell where to go.
Won't work out of the box and I am not sure if it is even manageable without having a special contract with the service provider.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: The only CoD game I played that I truly enjoyed was Black Ops 1, and only the single player...