Volume Control DSI...

Discussion in 'NDS - Flashcarts and Accessories' started by TwinBlades, Apr 15, 2009.

Apr 15, 2009

Volume Control DSI... by TwinBlades at 12:28 AM (2,977 Views / 0 Likes) 18 replies

1. TwinBlades
    OP

Member TwinBlades GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Korea, South
    Is anyone here kinda pissed/annoyed of the volume control button? I mean whenever I press the volume button (either way) its a huge gap in between unlike the ds lite and ds phat. Thats the only thing thats been bothering me about the dsi, you cant actually control the volume, instead you go by stages of volume. Anyone here have a good opinion that Nintendo is going to fix it by doing a firmware update? [​IMG]

2. DjoeN

Member DjoeN Captain Haddock!

Belgium
    Yeah, i also find it annoying that the volume control isn't done with a slider or scrollwheel.

You never seem to get the right volume level on the DSi

3. ball2012003

ball2012003 Newbie

im ok with it

4. Pavichokche

Newcomer Pavichokche Advanced Member

Canada
    That is true, it is VERY annoying how little control you have over the volume, even though the volume buttons allow for backlight control anywhere. I suppose that this problem could be fixed, but I don't know how how much Nintendo can change with firmware updates. I am not sure how much has been changed with these first few updates and I'm guessing nothing. Also from past experience it seems that Nintendo is pretty reluctant to imply cool updates to their systems.

5. TwinBlades
    OP

Korea, South
    WOW, how long has it been? First time people started to post right away O.O for me that is. Pavichokche, I havent notice but when I got it, you had to get a new firmware upgrade right? I did but didn't notice anythin that changed. Anyone know what the update even do?

6. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I hope they release an update that makes the volume difference less per +/- on the volume rocker. It should be able to be fixed by software updates...

7. foofoo

Newcomer foofoo Member

i agree, it should be at least twice sensitive. i like to play at very low volume abd it's impossible with that shitty control

8. Defiance

Member Defiance oh my god.. it's full of trading cards...

United States
    I just got an idea of what Team Cyclops can do with their Enhanced Menu if they release a CycloDSi.

9. CheatingSoi

Member CheatingSoi Graphic Designer

United States
    Yeah but the original DS and the lite Volume slider was also annoying because up until half way, there is no sound and then its just on. So basically you have too turn the slider to the middle for there to actually be sound at all. They should have made it more sensitive on the last two and for the DSi, maybe they could of done it like the DS lites power switch. Make a spring loaded slider. The more your hold it, the more volume it goes. and if you flick it quickly. The backlight would go up one. Not sure how to turn anything down tho

10. Tokiopop

Member Tokiopop Caffeine fiend

United Kingdom
    I have never experienced this.

11. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    Personally, I prefer the digital rocker on the DSi compared to the analog slider. I don't like knobs, sliders, or anything analog actually lol.

12. TwinBlades
    OP

Korea, South
    Ya but for me, I say the slider is better than gaps cause my brother aways use the DSI and its annoying cause he either turns up the volume really high or lowers it and complains cause he likes to play with loud sounds...

13. zero383

Member zero383 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Canada
    That's what the headphone jack is for [​IMG]

14. Blackiris

Member Blackiris GBAtemp Regular

Philippines
    Or an alternate would've been the Game Boy Micro's volume control, which isn't a slider and is more like two switches to bring the volume up or down, respectively. And holding down L while pressing on that would adjust the backlight's power up or down as well. Since I had one, I know that it could be pretty quiet and the loudest volume would be just right.

But it's a bit too late for that now isn't it v_v Now I always play with earphones.

15. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom
    To all those complaining about volume buttons - it is not the only way to control your volume.

go into your DSi sound channel,
    choose play with your music,
    choose a song,
    play the song and look at the screen!
    their is a volume slider on the bottom left of the screen!

FULL VOLUME CONTROL - NO STEP GAPS - FULL CONTROL

this will not work in DS games obviously but with your music you have full control and nothing less.

will you lot ever play with your DSi to find these things out for yourselfs? noobs

On another note if you close the DSi while playing music it will turn itself off (Bahhh!) but plug in your headphones and then close it and it will carry on playing music and you can add drums with shoulder buttons still.

...and another thing... if you record a sound and save it, put your DSi down for a minute leaving it on the recording selection screen and it will magically play your recording as the Mario Bros soundtrack! absolutly amazing!

16. DanTheManMS

Member DanTheManMS aka Ricochet Otter

United States
    I'm still a fan of the original GBA's volume wheel. Allowed for a wide range of volumes without too much effort.

17. TwinBlades
    OP

Korea, South
    Who the f*** are you calling a noob? Us, hmmm, I'm talking about when your playing a game and who the heck is going to listen to music in the DSI? I mean some people might sometimes but seriously, theres something called an IPod or MP3... READ the posts before acting a smart kid. [​IMG]

18. lostdwarf

Member lostdwarf GBAtemp Maniac

United Kingdom

I listen to music on my DSi. it is great on the bus. and by the way i am calling you a 'noob'
    If you read my post correctly in the first place you will have noticed i wrote it wont work on DS games but just with music.
    Does anyone with any brain cells want to write a comment?

19. Martiin

Member Martiin GBAtemp Fan

United States
    ehhhhh...
    i'm ok with how Nintendo generalized the volume levels with the buttons