Hacking Vitamin & Mai Dump Compatibility list

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Sayonara Umihara Kawase Chirari | Japan (Physical) | Works | Vitamin 2.0 | Works fine

I have added that to the list

@Abu_Senpai

What are you're thoughts on adding a seperate section for Mai dumps, since Vitamin is now abandoned and Mai is still being developed and also the better tool right now to use.

How ya like me now!! XD

It is well established that Vitamin cannot properly dump FFX/X-2 yet. Crashes at the first Sin battle.

The latest maidumptool 233.2b7 can dump it BUT that version of Mai isn't publically available yet. The FF dumps that can be downloaded were all dumped by the Mai author himself, So, the above posts claiming they had sucessfully dumped the games using Mai were clearly not tested by the posters themselves, because the current public version of Mai cannot dump them.

Vitamin development has stalled for now, so I would agree that Mai reports should be included here because Mai is actually being actively updated.

I concur said comment

THREAD UPDATE

This thread will now be a Vitamin V2 & Mai Dump Compatibility list centered thread!

Please list whatever dumps you have tested that work on the LATEST version of Mai Dump (which is V233.2z9) below!

and ill add them to the OP.Ive also messaged one of the MODS to change the threads name

The OP has already been edited to make way for Mai Dump!

Last edited by Abu_Senpai,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Been on a dumping spree lately trying to convert my whole library. Most of these worked on earlier builds of maidump so just rebuild the eboot for them to get DLC support.

Ys VIII - Lacrimosa of Dana
| JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Teslagrad | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Kancolle Kai | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
God Eater 2 | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
God Eater 2 Rage Burst| JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
God Eater Resurrection| JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sora no Kiseki Evolution FC | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sora no Kiseki Evolution SC | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sora no Kiseki 3rd Evolution | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Zero no Kiseki Evolution | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Ao no Kiseki Evolution | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sen no Kiseki | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sen no Kiseki II | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Ys: Memories of Celceta | EU (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Conception 2 | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Ar Nosurge Plus | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Ciel Nosurge Offline | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10

Abu_Senpai

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Syria
Been on a dumping spree lately trying to convert my whole library. Most of these worked on earlier builds of maidump so just rebuild the eboot for them to get DLC support.

Ys VIII - Lacrimosa of Dana
| JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Infinite Stratos 2: Ignition Hearts | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Teslagrad | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Kancolle Kai | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
God Eater 2 | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
God Eater 2 Rage Burst| JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
God Eater Resurrection| JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sora no Kiseki Evolution FC | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sora no Kiseki Evolution SC | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sora no Kiseki 3rd Evolution | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Zero no Kiseki Evolution | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Ao no Kiseki Evolution | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sen no Kiseki | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Sen no Kiseki II | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Ys: Memories of Celceta | EU (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Conception 2 | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Ar Nosurge Plus | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10
Ciel Nosurge Offline | JP (Physical) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10

Sorry for the late reply. All of them have been added to the working list on the OP Thanks

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
HIDEBOH Tap Dance Hero | JP (Digital) | Working | maidumptool V233.2z10

Haven't seen anyone talking about this game so I can confirm that it's working.

Enigma Hall

Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
What gamed dont work with both of these tools. It could be a usefull list to know when the system will become 100% hackeable.
A small list of games dont working.

Last edited by Enigma Hall,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone managed to dump Tales of Hearts R (preferably the US version) with Mai? Every time I try to dump my cart it crashes with the "Vita will now shut down" error as soon as it opens the manual to initialize the data dump.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Has anyone managed to dump Tales of Hearts R (preferably the US version) with Mai? Every time I try to dump my cart it crashes with the "Vita will now shut down" error as soon as it opens the manual to initialize the data dump.

I could try my EU version tomorrow with mai. I've been able to dump games with that error message after a few tries. Ys 8 (JP) does that sometimes.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I could try my EU version tomorrow with mai. I've been able to dump games with that error message after a few tries. Ys 8 (JP) does that sometimes.

Tried 4 times so far (with MaiDumpTool V233.2z10v2eng) and it crashed every time. Just tired with 2z10eng and it hung on the manual page for like 90 seconds before the screen turned off and then the system turned off. No crash error, it just turned off. I've been dumping the eboot/plugins and data separately, but I doubt that would have any effect on this.

Please try and dump your EUR version and let me know what happens.

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Tried 4 times so far (with MaiDumpTool V233.2z10v2eng) and it crashed every time. Just tired with 2z10eng and it hung on the manual page for like 90 seconds before the screen turned off and then the system turned off. No crash error, it just turned off. I've been dumping the eboot/plugins and data separately, but I doubt that would have any effect on this.

Please try and dump your EUR version and let me know what happens.

For your sake I just started dumping the EU version and the dumping works :) Now, time to let it do its thing and check if it works.
Either the NA version is different or you need to rebuild your DB. Try the latter first since it fixes many errors with mai dumping.

EDIT: Oh, delete any files in the /mai folder before dumping. There is a file there with instructions for the maidumper that may interfere with the next dump if the first fails.

EDIT 2: Works fine here :D

Last edited by Cinnamon,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
For your sake I just started dumping the EU version and the dumping works :) Now, time to let it do its thing and check if it works.
Either the NA version is different or you need to rebuild your DB. Try the latter first since it fixes many errors with mai dumping.

EDIT: Oh, delete any files in the /mai folder before dumping. There is a file there with instructions for the maidumper that may interfere with the next dump if the first fails.

EDIT 2: Works fine here :D

Joy, I LOVE rebuilding the database *sarcasm*.

I'll give it a try though.

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Gravity Rush | US (Digital) | Works | maidumptool V233.2z10v2eng | C2-12828-1 with rinCheat.suprx present, no errors yet otherwise.
Sword Art Online: Hollow Fragment | US (Digital) | Works | maidumptool V233.2z10v2eng | C2-12828-1 with rinCheat.suprx present, no errors yet otherwise.
Ys: Memories of Celceta | US (Physical) | Works | maidumptool V233.2z10v2eng | N/A

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

@Cinnamon

Rebuilt database and deleted the contents of /mai/, tried dumping again and it hung on the manual again. Interestingly enough when I checked the folder contents before deleting it, there were decrypted manual images in there. Seems to be hanging and crashing on decrypting/dumping the manual.

edit: Checked the /mai/ folder again after the lastest crash and its managing to process down the file list from gro0:app/PCSE00429/ to about 40 images (of 59 total) into the french translation of the manual. Not sure what is happening there tbh. Gonna try increasing the screen timeout to see if that helps it get farther.

Last edited by Aroth,

Aroth

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Several more attempts and nothing but the same result. Left with no choice but to conclude either something about the US version is causing problems during dumps or my cart itself is flawed/damaged in some way.

edit: while the english translated vpk shouldnt be causing problems, I am going to try the original Chinese vpk of maidumptool and see what happens.

Last edited by Aroth,

Cinnamon

Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Chaos Rings I | JP (Digital) | Works | maidumptool V233.2z10 | N/A
Chaos Rings II | JP (Digital) | Works | maidumptool V233.2z10 | N/A
Chaos Rings Ω | JP (Digital) | Works | maidumptool V233.2z10 | N/A

These also includes english language options .)

Last edited by Cinnamon,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1