Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
307vrm9.jpg

QUOTE(Source: Gamespot) said:
Those wondering how the Wii Vitality Sensor will work got some answers this week, courtesy of a patent filing uncovered by gaming blog Siliconera. The patent lays out not only how the finger-encasing add-on will work, but also possibly unveiled its first game, which may be titled Wii Relax.

According to the patent filing, the sensor works by shooting infrared light through a person's fingertip in order to determine how fast the blood is flowing. That flow reveals a person's pulse, which is an indicator of stress.

The pulse indicator determines a person's "relax fluid," a measure of a person's stress. The relax fluid level is then compared to what is considered standard for a person's age, much like Wii Fit compared a person's weight to the standardized Body Mass Index (BMI) to determine his or her fitness level.

Also included in the patent are the details of stretching game to help players relax. Players must tilt the Wii remote while stretching in order to control a character onscreen. Using the vitality sensor, players must also breathe in and out in sync with onscreen prompts to control the character's hat, which rises and falls in sync with a player's breath.

Siliconera surmises that the game described might be titled "Wii Relax," since Nintendo filed a trademark application for said title last year. If accurate, the game will likely be bundled with the Wii Vitality Sensor, as it is described in the patent.

Wii Relax? Seriously?
tongue.gif

Thoob

LOLmonade.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
According to the patent filing, the sensor works by shooting infrared light through a person's fingertip in order to determine how fast the blood is flowing. That flow reveals a person's pulse, which is an indicator of stress.
So I could have this on my finger while
smileipb2.png
, and it would think I am stressed?

Honestly, I'm surprised Nintendo didn't just try to sweep this under the carpet and pretend it never existed.

Kwartel

The fairest in all the land
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
I totally forgot about this one, but now my eyes are ruined once again.
frown.gif

I can see perferts sticking something else in it...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans: butte