Hardware Vita won't charge

BilboBagons

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently had my PS Vita repaired at ubreakifix, as it had a scratched inner screen. While the screen is now perfect, my Vita will not turn on, and when I try to charge it, the home button is orange for about a second before going blank again. I have an original Vita. Am I looking at an internal battery problem?

Trumpasaurus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I recently had my PS Vita repaired at ubreakifix, as it had a scratched inner screen. While the screen is now perfect, my Vita will not turn on, and when I try to charge it, the home button is orange for about a second before going blank again. I have an original Vita. Am I looking at an internal battery problem?
Yes. Sounds like a battery problem. It's just old. If it's an original Vita, the battery is 5 years old. And if it didn't have regular charge cycles, it may need to be replaced.
Batteries are cheap. You can easily replace it.
If you really want to save money, you can try "jumping" the battery. It's dead, but you can likely get it working again. There are guides on YouTube. Google "How to recharge dead rechargeable batteries" (or something similar). It involves using double AAs (or whatever you have) and these wires to jumpstart it (negative and positive terminals touching the dead battery).

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1