Gaming Vita - What would you recommend for a Nintendo guy thinking of buying it?

WiiCube_2013

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Gaza Strip
In a near future I'm planning on getting one but in terms of games of my preference it's just lacking and there's no must owns for my taste.

What I've gathered from Amazon's list is this:

Platformers
  1. Rayman: Origins
  2. Ratchet & Clank: Trilogy
  3. Jak and Daxter: Trilogy
  4. Sly Cooper: Thieves in Time

Action Adventure
  1. Uncharted: Golden Abyss
  2. Shinobido 2
  3. Batman: Arkham Origins Blackgate

Fighting
  1. Super Smash Bros. Vita
  2. Street Fighter X Tekken
  3. Dragon Ball Z: Battle of Z

Racing
  1. WipeOut 2048
  2. Sonic Racing Transformed

Shooters
  1. KillZone: Mercenary

And, I'd only be picking up physical releases no digital. If Naughty Dog or someone made a new Crash Bandicoot like the classics then that'd be my must own for Vita!

Later this year we'll have Super Smash Bros for 3DS & Wii U (it's apparently the final title) available so my gaming attention's going to be drained on SSB.

By the way, I guess with this I kinda made my mind up because I've already looked it up but who knows.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Don't get Jak and Daxter. Was a terrible port, unfortunately, so it's not really worth it. Replace that with the Sly Cooper Collection instead, which is bitching.

You can add in the God of War collection as well, if you're into beat em' ups. Terraria plays great on the Vita as well, and it's the PC version instead of the crappy mobile port so that's nice. Unit 13 is an ok shooter, and CoD Black Ops Declassified plays alright as well. Borderlands 2, if you haven't played it yet. Sine Mora is a shoot em up that's quite enjoyable. Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath, Hotline Miami, Gravity Rush, Rayman Legends, and Soul Sacrifice are also pretty good...

And I think that's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Ryupower

Brood
Trophies
Website
techmantis.net
XP
Country
United States
if you are only going for physical game, then the vita might NOT be for you, there are many good game for the vita that are indie games and are PSN/digital ONLY

if you are going to get a vita then you will need to start buy digital game for it to enjoy it more

not all vita game will be physical, but most if not all will be digital

i like RPGs and the vita has many of them (PS1/PSP/vita)

Super Smash Bros. Vita not a real game
it call p PlayStation All-Stars Battle Royale

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
There is no such thing as a Nintendo guy, unless you have a serious complex and play only Mario. Vita has lots of awesome games that keep you occupied for months. Don't necessarily trust bad reviews, especially not from IGN and Gamespot.

ibis_87

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
Uncharted, WipeOut 2048, Killzone is a must, Gravity Rush, Soul Sacrifice Delta, LittleBig Planet Vita, Tearaway - at least those. If you haven't played a single game, there's plenty to choose from.

Skelletonike

♂ ♥ Gallant Pervert ♥ ♀
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I bought a Vita yesterday, only because of some JRPG's it has, plus some that it'll eventually have (Tales of Hearts R which will have Japanese dub for example <3).
Plus, Persona 5 follows suit like the other Persona games, it'll eventually get released on the Vita. =O

Although personally, I'm not a Nintendo or Sony guy (I go to where the rpg's are, and as such, I own most systems). z.z

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina
Like GameWinner said, Tearaway for Platformers.
And Vita is full of RPGs like the must have Atelier series(my personal opinion but its digital only iirc)
Then there's Disgaea 3 and 4,Persona 4 Golden,Oreshika: Tainted Bloodlines(which looks outstanding),Natural Doctrine,Soul Sacrifice and Tales of Hearts R.

And about the niche games there's Project Diva f and F2nd,Senran Kagura Bon Appétit and Shinovi Versus,Persona 4 Dance All Night and Danganronpa 2.
There are others too but those were on my mind right now.

mkdms14

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would recommend Rayman Legends over Rayman Origins, both are good but I felt Legends was more creative. There is also Borderlands 2 and thanks to the most recent patch that was just released the game runs a lot smoother now plus its Borderlands on the go what more could you ask for. A couple of others games that I have that I would recommend is Metal Gear Sold HD Collections(contains Metal Gear 2 and 3), one of my favorite platforms is Guacamelee, Gravity Rush is also a great title as well. I don't know if you like rpg or jrpg games but there is also Persona 4 Golden and Final Fantasy X/X-2 HD Remaster. The smash bros vita game you are referring to is Playstation All Stars its pretty good but not as good as the real deal, it is no longer receiving any new updates or support soo unless it is on sale I would just skip it.

zeello

The reason we can't have nice things.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you might be interested in some of these:

Gravity Rush
Need for Speed: Most Wanted
Assassin's Creed Liberation
Muramasa Rebirth
Ys: Memories of Celceta
Super Monkey Ball
Dragon's Crown
Tearaway

I wouldn't get Wipeout 2048, I played it in the store long time ago, the framerate's really bad and the loading times are a minute long.

Reecey

Mario 64 (favorite game of all time)
Trophies
XP
Country
If you are a Nintendo fan then I suggest don't buy one, save your money bud! I'm probably going to get slated for saying that comment, sorry but it will probably be true for him/her :)

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you are a nintendo fan, I suggest:
Than don't buy one.
Buying a Vita and making no investment to the diverse digital only library is fucking stupid.
getting into the digital market.

Emigre hits the nail on the head. Nintendo's games are more colorful and light hearted than those generally found on a Vita. Avoiding the growing indie boom of games is basically going to leave you with buyers remorse. Games like FEZ, Alien Breed, Zen pinball, Transistor, and other digital only indie titles will fill the nintendo shaped hole in your heart.

Also, I think reecey might have gotten fanboy burned by all of us vitaboys. But its also probably true that the Vita might not have all that much to offer nintendo gamers.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I didn't know the vita required so much digital. I was interested in Spelunky pretty much and maybe motorstorm rc.

but i havent even heard of Alien Breed or Transistor so I should prob look them up

also there is a game coming up.. Rollers of the Realm.. pinball RPG. Now that's hot.

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
If you don't get Terraria then you're not using the system right.
I've barely accomplished anything yet except gaining the ability to kick major ass during my first blood moon, and without even fighting my first boss yet (or knowing enough about the game to even locate my first boss), I can easily say this game works very well on the Vita. Totally worth the free I paid for it on PS+, and hell, I'd say it's worth the cash of a full purchase, easily.

zeello

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear borderlands 2 takes up over half of an 8GB memory card. This may make it a problem for me to get all these sweet digital games. It would've been a problem anyway since I like to check out the demos.

edit:
umm Bortzanator?.. it says Transistor is on ps4 and pc only :<

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: show him fighting in ww2