• Total voters

Speighty1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hi guys and girls,

I currently have a vita running henkaku which obviously at the moment cant run psp iso's.

I currently have a nvidia shield portable for emulation, I use ppsspp to play psp games, it does have a few issues with slow downs and what not.

My question is,

Would it be better to get a vita on firmware 3.55 or lower and install TV-V.

Buy a psp and install cfw

Or stick with my shield portable and mess with the settings for each game.

D

Deleted User

I honestly would say stick with the shield or get a psp, the vita s cool and all... but it's still hanging by a thread

The shield also has a much longer battery life than the vita
When the option comes around then go ahead and setup e-psp on the vita

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
i thought the vita was already able to play psp games, and even the isos/csos..?

i am not sure, but i found the vita hax always too complex, but lately this henkaku came up and it seems very simple etc.
does not require you to have any game to have it installed etc.

but wondering how it can not emulate psp games yet, will it be possible in the future to run the psp isos?

i would love to be able to play psp games on it , because i am soon getting a vita (used to own one, but got way too bored of it and gifted it away, now that there seems to be cfw coming for it, i am in need of a vita).

Speighty1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i thought the vita was already able to play psp games, and even the isos/csos..?

i am not sure, but i found the vita hax always too complex, but lately this henkaku came up and it seems very simple etc.
does not require you to have any game to have it installed etc.

but wondering how it can not emulate psp games yet, will it be possible in the future to run the psp isos?

i would love to be able to play psp games on it , because i am soon getting a vita (used to own one, but got way too bored of it and gifted it away, now that there seems to be cfw coming for it, i am in need of a vita).

It currently cant play psp iso's using henkaku, the e-psp exploit was patched after 3.55, they would need to find another exploit.

leonmagnus99

Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
It currently cant play psp iso's using henkaku, the e-psp exploit was patched after 3.55, they would need to find another exploit.

owh, and what is that e-psp thingie?
is it a psp emulator that worked on vita? and in what way exactly, you used isos with it, or did you have to convert them to vpks?

x_x and also how well was it running on the vita, lagless ? full frameps?

D

Deleted User

owh, and what is that e-psp thingie?
is it a psp emulator that worked on vita? and in what way exactly, you used isos with it, or did you have to convert them to vpks?

x_x and also how well was it running on the vita, lagless ? full frameps?
e-psp is the thing sony made to be able to run psp games natively, it's not a community emulator

Reactions: leonmagnus99

Speighty1

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Vita is by far the best, PSP games look great on it and you can map the second analog stick for camera controls.

Could you elaborate, is that an option within TN-V.

How does the vita run psp games compared to the psp, are there any known issues, games that don't work and so on.

Last edited by Speighty1,

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Both PPSSPP and PS Vita are running PSP games via emulation, unlike the 3DS that has hardware support (the 3DS has additional dedicated CPU's on the motherboard for running DS games and GBA games), and emulation isn't always perfect. In fact, I'm not sure that the Vita is 100% compatibile with all PSP games. A quick Google search listed this:

https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/281768-complete-list-of-pspminispsone-games-playable-on-vita/

It was last updated in Feb 2015, but I'm absolutely sure that nothing's changed since. Sony hasn't been interested in updating the Vita in a while now.

Last edited by DSpider,

Bitbyte

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Belgium
I have honestly never seen anyone complain about glitches or slowdown in PSP games on Vita, so I do wonder if it's just software emulation. About those compatibility lists, they only account for the compatibility according to PSN. If a game is not available on PSN, it's noted as "incompatible" on those lists since you can't get "legally" get the game. Through TN-V you can play whatever you want and it works just fine. The only reason those games aren't available is due to licensing.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You have a shield portable? Not bad but not great either. I been using PPSSPP and it works well for android port from PC. Of cource pc is best but for android is still impressive. Best to keep using latest nightly from the site.

I think the problem is the system itself. While tweaking the settings, only some games actually need it and some just don't work yet. I guess let me be clear.

Shield portable = Tegra 4 (3rd place but not worst compared to other anrdorids)
Shield tablet = Tegra k1 (second best)
Shield TV = Tegra X1 (Best)

I use shield TV and lots of games are okay. Some have legit glitches but is a compatibility issue between emulator and game, not the system. Is still work in progress so is expected. Since android seem to not be as prioirty like PC port is, it won't get as good fast compared to pc one. The best opiton is to use a actual PSP if you wanna play PSP games. Or a PS vita /Tv and download psp games from playstation store if you honestly want it. Either way, you would be better off with psp since is already established is purpose as it is now. Possible ISO support for psvita henkaku is dependant on who is doing it or trying to make it possible. Your relying on something that can happen or not. While psp already exist for the purpose. Like @Crystal the Glaceon said best to just use the PSP system if you want that.

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The best combination is a psp with remotejoylight prx and PPSSPP with the internal resolution maxed out.
Is that remote joy lite the thing to display psp screen on PC using usb? Doesn't the psp have a video out option? I think i remember it does except it never goes full screen. To be honest i hated that. I have to find the zoom settings on my tv and i couldn't play it from distance always had to sit up close. I think the PSTV does least display games at 720P or 1080I Makes it least okat for HDTV but god that componet cable, i dunno what they were thinking. :glare:

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Is that remote joy lite the thing to display psp screen on PC using usb? Doesn't the psp have a video out option? I think i remember it does except it never goes full screen. To be honest i hated that. I have to find the zoom settings on my tv and i couldn't play it from distance always had to sit up close. I think the PSTV does least display games at 720P or 1080I Makes it least okat for HDTV but god that componet cable, i dunno what they were thinking. :glare:
I forgot what plugin does what lol it's been along time I meant to use the control as a pad with FuSa GamePad :P and play PPSSPP with the internal resolution maxed out.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Sonic Angel Knight

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I forgot what plugin does what lol it's been along time I meant to use the control as a pad with fusagamepad :P and play PPSSPP with the internal resolution maxed out.
Fusa game pad turns the psp into a HID input gamepad for PC and PS3, so you can use it like a controller. The remotejoylite displays the psp screen on the PC with a program using usb. I also think you can use another controller (Example xbox 360 controller) To play the psp game while is connected.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fusa game pad turns the psp into a HID input gamepad for PC and PS3, so you can use it like a controller. The remotejoylite displays the psp screen on the PC with a program using usb. I also think you can use another controller (Example xbox 360 controller) To play the psp game while is connected.
Yup this way you get the PSP feel and amazing HD gameplay. Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep Final Mix looks amazing maxed out.

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars:
    Narcissistic Personality Disorder 101
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    I think that's what you have
    Thanks for providing further evidence of my claim in a single comment. lol.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    pff\
    You're a gaslighting narcissist. Everyone out to get you. You wont get professional help because you'll just chalk up their diagnosis as another conspiracy out to get you.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    leave me alone, I'm not going to engage with you anymore, bye
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    Motherfucker I was checked by a psychiatrist and there's nothing wrong with me
    okay. Bye. Thought you were leaving anyway. Why are you still around? You already said goodbye to everyone here.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    so stop spurting your nonsense
    lol. liar.
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    knock it off now, both of you
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    yea you're just a mean bully
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    he SHOULD
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    and NOW
    liar, loudmouth, cussing and swearing, all angry
    ok. sorry. ill stop now. promise
    Sooo. How about Dune part 1 & 2? The cinematography is fantastic, but thats some of the most boring ass sci-fi Ive seen in my life.
    haven't seen both
    Im going to see the new Godzilla next week. Sure they aren't some cinematic masterpieces but the last few were all really great and fun popcorn flicks to see on the big screen.
    can't remember the last time I went to the cinemas
    Me neither, not precisely. I think the last one I went to was Top Gun Maverick
    Oh. Wait. I took my mom to see Elvis. I think that was the last time I went. I'll most likely see the new Planet of the Apes in a theater too.
    @DinohScene Can you please delete my comment here? I cant edit since it'
    ..since it's locked and I really dont want to be a part of their attention seeking nonsense any longer.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: https://gbatemp.net/threads/goodbye-guys-girls-others.653902/#post-10401826