CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I recently upgraded the micro SD card in my SD2VITA, so I went through everything to format the new one to make it compatible and reinstalled all of my app vpks. I backed up everything in the "app", "patch", "addcont", "reAddcont", "rePatch", and "data" folders on the old card, assuming this would back up all of my games. However, when re-copying all of the backed up folders onto the new sd2vita in my console, none of them will appear in the live area. I tried refreshing titles and the live area twice in vitashell (refreshed 65 items with title, 34 items with live area) and yet still nothing shows. All of my pc ports (gta, bully, am2r, etc) and other installed vpks seem to work fine, but none of the actual vita games will appear. These games were originally installed multiple different ways, some via maidumper, some via pkgj, and some were downloaded from ziperto and copied to my app folder. Strangely enough, when filtering pkgj to "only show installed games" it populates the correct list as if these games were installed like before. But none of the DLC is showing as installed, despite me having installed it all on the previous sd card, and I made sure to copy over the "addcont" folder. What gives? Did I back these up or copy them over incorrectly? Is there a step I missed? Should I delete everything and reinstall it the regular way again?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dlc is in the addcont folder, do you have it? I assume so if you have apps. the issue is likely with your app.db. it contains games and dlc iirc.

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If you read my post, you'd see I copied all of the game files folders. However I think my problem lies in that I didn't copy the licenses folder. Is there an easy way to recreate the files for this?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I read your post. the app.db is a database that contains all installs. it's what makes things appear on the livearea. if you deleted the licenses folder. that's your problem. if the licenses or work.bin are missing, the games won't appear, just like how it is with the 3ds.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think you can recreate the licenses, but you'll have to consult the nonpdrm github. I think it explains it. it's tied to the work.bin. nps browser website has work.bin, but I think you may have to generate the license yourself or through pkgj or nonpdrm or even transfer over the content and refresh the live area. you may be missing the work.bin. also, make sure you have a licenses folder. it may be in all caps (can't remember). check if you have the work.bin for a game that's missing. they're located in app/title_id/sce_sys/packages

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I should have all the correct work.bins since I kept all of the game app folders. I do have the licenses folder on the new card since the vita automatically creates everything it needs when you put in the new card. Though this seems like it might be more effort than just reinstalling the games. Thank you for your help!

Reactions: godreborn

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I formatted my vita and my memory card, went through the process to get a fresh install of firmware. Downloaded everything through the NoPayStation PC client, copied everything over to my vita, and still nothing shows. I tested it with one game, refreshed the live area, and it worked! But then I copy EVERYTHING over refreshed something like 936 items in the live area, and nothing shows! Only vpks like emulators and apps. I thought maybe I copied too many games at once. I then tried deleting 45 of the app folders of the 90 that I added just before. Then once again refreshed the title database, then the live area, then rebooted and rebuilt the database. Still, no games will show. What am I doing wrong?

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I know what you did wrong. nps has a separate link for the work.bin files. you have to download them manually, which I guess is how they get around dmca. go to the nps website, and download the work.bin (goes in sce_sys/packages of each game. then, refresh livearea.

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I have both the ref00d and 0syscal6 skprx files in my tai folder, but only refood is in my config, should I add 0syscal6?

And I could understand this, but I only some of them are from NPS. I have a few I downloaded manually from ziperto that worked on a previous memory card on this system with no issue. Why wouldn't they show up?
I also checked a few of the folders that were downloaded from NPS, and they already have a work.bin file in their sce-sys/packages folder, identical to the one I would manually download from the NPS site.

godreborn

Welcome to the Machine
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think there's something going on with the work.bin files. you can choose either or. now, there's no real difference between 0syscall6 and ref00d, though if you're using an outdated ref00d.skprx, with the keys.bin, update it.

CrvyloOo

OP
Trophies
Website
www.twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
So I got everything copied over and showing finally... But now random apps are giving me the c2-12828-1 error... Is my vita done? Or is it a corrupted sd card? It's a 512gb sandisk and I would always format it with 64k cluster.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ZeroT21 @ ZeroT21: only ps5 updated to latest firmware can go on psn, jailbroken ones just don't use psn or they...