Hardware Vita acting Weird

Kusuriuri

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
Hey guys, i havent touched my Vita for a couple of months.

I charged it and after that the power button didnt work and PS Button doesnt work.

THe weird thing is that if i try to boot on safe mode, it works! So they are both working, just not seperatly 0.o

after the Vita is turned on neither the power button or the ps button ( it lights up) works.

i cant get out of aplications via the ps button or Turn off the system.

if i get the console to go to sleep the PS button works to bring the console on but after i swipe, it automatically shows the turn off screen and even if i press cancel The console stills turns herself off..and then i need to turn her on again with the safe mode.

its a really weird set of quirks

I did everything ..factory reset..rebuilding database and still nothing.

The only thing i didnt tried is to update the firmware.

Any ideias?

tfocosta

GBAtemp Z-Warrior
Trophies
Website
nooooooooooooooo.com
XP
Country
Canada
Assuming your console is modded with CFW:
  • Are you using a SD2Vita with a microSD by any chance? It can cause issues.
  • How is your plugin configuration file?
Please share more information about the way you had your console setup, so that we can try to help you with more specific troubleshooting advice. :)

Reactions: MorningBlunt

HollowDeity

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have this exact same problem has The Op found a fix or anyone else knows? To elaborate more The power button and back button won't work by themselves by they do when turning it on in safe code. When I open apps or games the back button doesn't work so I can't close them, The power button won't work too until The console goes in sleep mode by itself then when I click on it after it goes black The option to turn off the console shows up, I did every reset and nothing works didn't try to update yet because my vita is jailbroken.

Last edited by HollowDeity,

Kur0shitsuji

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan
I have this exact same problem has The Op found a fix or anyone else knows? To elaborate more The power button and back button won't work by themselves by they do when turning it on in safe code. When I open apps or games the back button doesn't work so I can't close them, The power button won't work too until The console goes in sleep mode by itself then when I click on it after it goes black The option to turn off the console shows up, I did every reset and nothing works didn't try to update yet because my vita is jailbroken.
You prob need to clean the face and reseat the two boards that are responsible for the hardware keys. Or you might need to replace them. It's anyone's guess as to what model you own, but it is possible that dirt and grime are causing the keys to freeze up(they're not depressing all the way down as they should). Take pics when disassembling so you can keep track if this is your first time doing this. Caution when unclipping the rear touch.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    ButterScott101 @ ButterScott101: +1