Hardware Vita 1000 analog module disassembly?

vladone97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Long story short: I had a Vita 2000 with malfunctioning analogs and I gave up on trying to fix it because all the repair parts I had tried were just as bad as the malfunctioning analogs, if not worse. I got a used 1000, but this one also has issues with the analog sticks.
I've seen a few posts on the Internet that suggest disassembling the analog stick and cleaning the contact points on the flex cable to fix the issues. The problem is, I'm not really sure how to disassemble and reassemble the analog module. I disassembled one of the replacement 2000 sticks I had bought to see how the whole thing works, but due to how those are constructed, it's impossible to put the metal plates back onto the flex cable. The 1000 analog seems to be constructed differently, but there may be something I don't know. Is there any way to disassemble and reassemble a Vita 1000 analog module without messing it up?

CMDreamer

Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Why not get a replacement part from a broken Vita?

You can get one for real cheap, because the broken screen is expensive and not that easy to replace unless you replace the whole front cover (screen included).

Disassembly of the analog stick is easy but the problem as you've already noticed is that it can't be put together again easily as those parts are not fixable but replaceable as a whole.

vladone97

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Why not get a replacement part from a broken Vita?

You can get one for real cheap, because the broken screen is expensive and not that easy to replace unless you replace the whole front cover (screen included).

Disassembly of the analog stick is easy but the problem as you've already noticed is that it can't be put together again easily as those parts are not fixable but replaceable as a whole.
I can't find any broken Vitas. And then there's also the fact that I have no way to know what state the analogs on a broken Vita are in.
Anyway, when I talked about disassembling an analog stick and beigng unable to put the metal plates back, I was talking specifically about 2000 sticks. Those have plastic tabs that flare out to hold the flex cable and that need to be broken off in the disassembly process. The sticks on the 1000 don't have metal plates on the flex cables and those little plastic tabs that hold the cable in place don't seem to flare out, so I'm expecting to be able to put it back together. I posted this question hoping that someone can confirm this.

Last edited by vladone97,

toze3

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Portugal
I do have a vita 1000 joystick that have a fixed ghost state, I checked with vitatester app and see that is on position 125,90 (the good one is around 125,125) but the values don't change with movement.

I wanted to disassemble the joystick but can't find how to do it.

I wanted to try to do a repair and in case of fail recover the cap part because is good, and have other not ok.

Last, I find the vita 2000 joystick replacement so cheap (+-2€) and the 1000 one around 10€...

PS. This broken joystick came from a vita with a faulty right PCB.

Enviado do meu Mi A1 através do Tapatalk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nearly 4 hours without power :(
  • Veho @ Veho:
    SO POWERLESS
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Tell Kanye I need power
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    Better start running in your hamster wheel
    +1
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Meth addicts on a treadmill connected to a generator "Unlimited POWER!!!'
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before or after a hit?
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Do you dangle a baggie in front of them, like a carrot?
    +1
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    they're the same thing
    +1
    i like that idea
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    What's the same thing?
    +1
    before or after a hit
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Nah, a hit gives them mad meth powers, but makes them more difficult to control.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Before a hit they're like zombies, persistent but slow.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    It's a tradeoff.
    +1
    no i mean, before a hit is after the previous hit
    +1
    if you keep them well enough fed, it's the same thing
    +1
    By the power of Florida Man, I have the power!!! *Lifts up meth pipe* Meth Man!!! lol
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Guys, I just learned my little brother is in the hospital because he had a seizure last night.
  • cearp @ cearp:
    Sorry to hear that BakerMan
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    Just found out he's doing alright, doing a lot of complaining too, rightfully so. Who wouldn't complain after having a seizure and being hospitalized?
    +1
    Glad he is OK and complaining is cool :)
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Yeah been there had that no fun
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: They'll give him sleep studies eegs and possibly one week hospital stay