Visual Boy Advance / Pokemon Yellow Lameboy Save Issue

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Xarsah16, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Xarsah16
    OP

Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    Hi, thought this would be the best place to put this. I'm running Lameboy .12 and Pokemon Yellow (U). I saved both a lameboy state (I know this doesn't work in VBA) and a normal .sav file through the respective menus, and also pressed X on my saves.

Then, I copied my rom and my sav files to my computer to play on Visual Boy Advance 1.7.2. Here's the problem - after going through the start menu in Pokemon, and I select the "Continue" option, the box does come up that shows "Ash, Pokedex 18, Badges 5" etc. I press the "A" button again in the emulator and it reverts back to Pikachu's yellow version title screen, not loading the game.

Can anyone help/tell me why it's not working in VBA? It works perfectly fine in Lameboy, but I need to hack in a TM using the VBA's Gameshark >.>

I'd post the .sav, but I need to know if that's allowed on the forum or not.

2. Serephyx

Serephyx I need a better title. ™

Jul 9, 2011
    United States
    Pacific Ocean
  3. Xarsah16
    OP

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
  4. Xarsah16
    OP

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    It's been two days, and I'd appreciate someone to help me with this. Thanks!

5. Xarsah16
    OP

Oct 6, 2007
    Hyrule
    It's been a little short of a month since the last reply and my question still isn't answered so I'm going to give it a bump. [​IMG]

6. ZolaKluke

ZolaKluke Newbie

Newcomer
    Jul 15, 2013
    I found the solution. You need to download VisualBoyAdvance from coolrom and rename the save file to Pokemon Yellow.sav

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice