Visual Boy Advance / Pokemon Yellow Lameboy Save Issue

Discussion in 'GBA - Emulation' started by Xarsah16, Aug 8, 2011.

1. Xarsah16
    OP

Member Xarsah16 GBATemp's Official Village Dingus/Idiot

Hi, thought this would be the best place to put this. I'm running Lameboy .12 and Pokemon Yellow (U). I saved both a lameboy state (I know this doesn't work in VBA) and a normal .sav file through the respective menus, and also pressed X on my saves.

Then, I copied my rom and my sav files to my computer to play on Visual Boy Advance 1.7.2. Here's the problem - after going through the start menu in Pokemon, and I select the "Continue" option, the box does come up that shows "Ash, Pokedex 18, Badges 5" etc. I press the "A" button again in the emulator and it reverts back to Pikachu's yellow version title screen, not loading the game.

Can anyone help/tell me why it's not working in VBA? It works perfectly fine in Lameboy, but I need to hack in a TM using the VBA's Gameshark >.>

I'd post the .sav, but I need to know if that's allowed on the forum or not.

2. Serephyx

Member Serephyx I need a better title. ™

3. Xarsah16
    OP

4. Xarsah16
    OP

It's been two days, and I'd appreciate someone to help me with this. Thanks!

5. Xarsah16
    OP

It's been a little short of a month since the last reply and my question still isn't answered so I'm going to give it a bump. [​IMG]

6. ZolaKluke

Newcomer ZolaKluke Newbie

Australia
    I found the solution. You need to download VisualBoyAdvance from coolrom and rename the save file to Pokemon Yellow.sav