OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

VBA GX 2.3.7 has been released: https://github.com/dborth/vbagx/releases

Changelog:

• Allow loader to pass two arguments instead of three (libertyernie)
  • don't reset settings when going back to an older version
  • Fix a few potential crashes caused by the GUI
  • Other minor fixes/improvements
  • Compiled with latest libOGC/devkitPPC

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hi All,

Changelog:

How can we get these new releases as plugin cores for WiiFlow Lite?

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
How can we get these new releases as plugin cores for WiiFlow Lite?
these versions of snes9xgx, fceugx, and vbagx already work as wiiflow (lite) plugins.

just edit the dolfile= line of their plugin.ini .
example:
dolfile=sd:/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol

note: but you do have to go all the way back to the game select screen before you can return to wiiflow.

WesMods

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
An
these versions of snes9xgx, fceugx, and vbagx already work as wiiflow (lite) plugins.

just edit the dolfile= line of their plugin.ini .
example:
dolfile=sd:/apps/snes9xgx/boot.dol

note: but you do have to go all the way back to the game select screen before you can return to wiiflow.
Anyway to add the "Back to WiiFlow" to them? (Just for simplicity sake for kids/old people etc?)

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
An

Anyway to add the "Back to WiiFlow" to them? (Just for simplicity sake for kids/old people etc?)
yes but right now i can't seem to compile snes9xgx with libogc 1.8.20 and ppc r32
i'm getting an error:
ld.exe: cannot find -logg

does anyone know what that means or how to fix it?
my guess is it has something to do with ogg files?

Reactions: WesMods

fledge68

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
actually i had the portlibs.
i just fixed it. i removed -logg from the makefile. i thought libvorbis handled ogg files.
anyway removing -logg from the makefile and it compiled.

Reactions: WesMods

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Hi All,

Changelog:

Great job Tantric! Thanks again for your hard work!

Tantric

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Here's a VBA GX with dancinninja's optimizations restored, Carl Kenner's changed restored, and the GC virtual memory implementation restored (this part won't impact the Wii build)
This may fix WarioWare Twisted.
Please provide feedback. Is anything broken/fixed from the release I just put out? There's a lot of features that have been added over time by a number of different people and I'm not sure what the state is.

Attachments

• vbagx-beta.zip
    3.2 MB · Views: 185

cebolleto

Trophies
XP
Country
I have been making some tests to the screenshots loading speed

Not sure why but FceumGx seems to load them way faster than the other two. At first I thought it was because I had some images at 24bpp instead of 8bpp but after converting them I didn't see any improvement at all... The resolution doesn't seem to be the problem either since gb screenshots are the smallest ones

Is somebody else having this problem too?

rayabusa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
This emulator is awesome, it would be nice to have Original filter "240p" just like Snes9xGX and FceumGX. You can play at 240p but you must change the resolution option, and the emulator GUI changes too, which looks weird. Thanks Tantric for keeping the best wii emulators alive!

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for my confusion Tantric, but is there a difference between VBA GX's core (compatability) and mGBA's core (compatability)? Has VBAGX v2.3.7 the latest mGBA 0.6.3 core implemented or is it based on a different core? And can VBA GX run GBA games just as good as mGBA?

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
If I remember correctly, VBA GX is based off of vba-M, while mGBA is its own emulator that started circa 2013, specially designed to run well on lower end machines.

Flo_o

Trophies
XP
Country
Sorry for my confusion Tantric, but is there a difference between VBA GX's core (compatability) and mGBA's core (compatability)? Has VBAGX v2.3.7 the latest mGBA 0.6.3 core implemented or is it based on a different core?
If I remember correctly, VBA GX is based off of vba-M, while mGBA is its own emulator that started circa 2013, specially designed to run well on lower end machines.

Thanks MeaseJesus for the info, so compatability will be completelly different if you compare both emulators right?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Just found some extra info but don't know if it is still up to date:

mGBA
Aims for accuracy, speed, and features. For its accuracy, it's gradually becoming the best at that. It's actively developed and has features VBA-M lacks such as a Solar and Tilt Sensor, and more recently Game Boy Camera support.

Visual Boy Advance-M (VBA-M)
A fork with additional improvements. It is not updated as often these days and is falling behind in terms of accuracy and performance compared to mGBA.

Maeson

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
The thing (speaking with the Wii in mind) that VBA GX has over mGBA is GB and GBC emulation for now. Games do perform generally better, while, at least on my end, in mGBA there are some things to iron out, and GB and GBC games have scratchy sound.

mGBA's support for GB+C is still in development, as it wasn't a goal originally, it was added later. Maybe one day we'll see a big jump and mGBA will be all around better emulation-wise to VBA GX, but for now that's one point towards Tantric's emulator. You also have Gambatte core for Retroarch, which is great too, but it's not a standalone emulator, and some people seem to really hate having to set RA up.

Purely speaking about GBA emulation, then mGBA is the one I would recommend.

Lastly, in its GitHub page it points out that VBA GX does support Solar and Tilt sensor, and even Rumble. I never tried them myself, but I think I've read not too long ago about Tantric fixing motion controls for 2.3.7, maybe it was in the 2.3.6 version thread.

Last edited by Maeson,

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
worse update will not play Wii U controller pad when u choose it on vWii mode also when playing Castlevania - Aria of Sorrow pressing jump some will not jump higher or flickering the screen its horrible !! im NOT HAPPY!!

FanNintendo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
OK i have tested the problem is when u connect the Classic controller or Wii U Pro Controller it act funny when u press jump button it not jump as regular or it making the game fast forward on both vWii or Wii but i tested Wiimote and gamecube controller also Wiimote & Nunchuk on Wii it seems fine. Wii you look in classic contoller and Wii U Pro Controller see why it is not working property? Thank you

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: @Sicklyboy @K3Nv2 In the cas of Robin it would be Dick Grayson