Vista bios emulation hack

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by TrolleyDave, Aug 17, 2009.

Aug 17, 2009
  1. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    What with actually having a machine powerful enough to run Vista now I thought I'd give it a try. I used a version that came with SP1 and the bios emulation hack already on it. Everything was running smoothly until a couple of days ago. Now I'm having alot of problems getting my wireless card to stay connected to the router. I've done some research and found lots of complaints online from people having the same problem as me. A few of them state they have genuine vista but you never really know.

Does anyone else use Vista with the bios hack? I'm trying to figure out whether it's the hacked version causing the problem or if it is just my network card setup. It allows me to us windows update and all that and it's still showing as activated and genuine so I really can't tell.

2. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    When I had Vista, that's what I used. Wireless problems shouldn't come from this as it doesn't even touch it.

3. TrolleyDave
    OP

Former Staff TrolleyDave Philosolosophising

United Kingdom
    Nice one mate, now I know yours was fine I'll keep looking at it as a hardware problem. I was beginning to wonder if it was some kind of WGA protection type thing.