Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Donato_Dobango said:
QUOTE said:
Check out the PC version first if you have a DSTT

I am running this fine on my DSTT running the latest DSTT OS. So it might be a problem with YMenu or you could have just got a bad rom, I'd try redownloading it.

I liked what I played so far of it. It has a very Sim feel with some Black & White god-like tendencies since you can physically pick up your villagers. If there's a complaint that can be had it's the lack of super fast forward while you are waiting for things that take forever like hut building or... *ahem*... baby making.
Tried it from three separate sources now and it always freezes in the same place so it seems the problem is YSMenu and not the DSTT firmware. Ah well, YSMenu has given my obsolete R4 nigh on 100% ROM compatibility for well over a year now, but it's probably time to admit defeat get a better card. Arses.

GeekyGuy

Professional loafer
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
jessew said:
i can't find ANYTHING in the way of a guide or tips or anything for this...

That's probably my only gripe about the game, albeit minor, is that there's a bit of guesswork as you go. You can tap on individual villagers and get info about them, but there's no log you can go back to consult. Still, it's a pretty straightforward game thus far.

jessew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i can't get them to breed anymore... Do the huts have to be fully repaired? Does their mood have to be all the way green? I try to put them over one another and i get the question mark.

Posts merged

how do you get their happiness to green? I can only seem to use the spiritual guys on them if their mood is in the red.

jessew

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
i thought that the population counter was Villagers/max villagers based on number of huts but i think it's Villagers/45 which is the highest number in the game. 45 isn't very many at once compared to like 200 in the pc game (i forget just how many). Anyone else in the world even playing this game?

rickmiraldo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
ARGH, my villagers just keep dying because of the disease every night... I need to keep checking on the village every two hours or so, or else they'll just make some havok and produce nothing LOL

But searching on the web I found out a guide for the game, might help lots of people!!!
Hope you enjoy!

http://jayisgames.com/archives/2006/08/vir...php#walkthrough

Edit: Ops, it appears that this guide is for the PC version, sorry... =(
But I'll leave the link there if any of you wants to consult it!
wink.gif

Burnedmagix

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm, i thought Virtual Villagers was just another lame sim.
But this thread is making me give it a second thought.

linkmaster03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This is an interesting game. Right now I have 225 tech points, one guy building a hut, two people picking berries, and one guy researching. Too bad it's so slow.

Brocktree

Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah it is kind of slow even set at fast. Hmm random person passed away for no reason. Strange..maybe was because i didn't save beforehand.

construction

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Hey people thanks for posting all this kind of stuff this is my record post on my acc... xD

ohyeah. i want to make a guide for you. if you want it?

so set some things to set in the guide. i begin now.

and as im done i give you the link
wink.gif

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
okay, so all my tech thingies are at level 4 and I can't seem to upgrade past that...they're still collecting tech points but if I go to the upgrade screen there's no option to continue past level 4. Am I missing something here??

linkmaster03

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Does anyone know what skillpoints are, like that characters get from playing minigames?

EDIT: I think the points are just for their skill bar that you see when you examine them. Now I'm wondering how to start planting and growing crops. I'm also wondering how my farmers can pick fruit from trees like it says in the Level 3 farming description. I have Level 4 farming and an expert farmer but no matter where I drop him he won't do anything. Does anyone know how to do it?

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
in the jungle you'll find these whithered trees...water them and they grow bananas you can pick.

In the jungle and lagoon there are spots (a circle of rocks) that are "fertile soil" which you will eventually be able to cultivate

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I'd still like to know why they're still collecting thousands of tech points when I can't seem to level up past 4. What's the point of having researchers at all after that?

KingdomBlade

Blade v3+ (I R SHMEXY)
Trophies
Website
meekpicture.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Looks like some crappy shovelware like all annoying ports from simulation games from the computer.

Really, so not gonna waste my time on this. You know, since people are playing sim games for the DS, I should play one too! *runs off to play Anno*

Buchichu

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
whatever, your loss.

A few more questions:

does anyone know if you're eventually able to build huts on volcano island?

does the "golden child" from the PC game exist here and, if so, how do you make it?

how long does it take to tame that stupid turtle?

puzzles I can't figure out:

"prevention is better than the cure"

"carry a bucket to water..."

"...the smallest has the right to fashionable clothes"

"respect the elderly"

Any ideas on these?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Hawaii played it smart and said we're too hot for this land