OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, not sure if this is possible, no big deal if it isn't. I have my brother in law's NAND dump and he has a few virtual console titles that I wanted to install on my Wii. I know I can just use Triiforce and load up his NAND which I have already done in order to play some of his Virtual Console titles. But I was wondering if it is possible using ShowMiiWads to extract the titles as wads I can install on my Wii. I tried this already but when I use Wad Manager v1.7 with my cIOS249 rev 17 or rev19 I cannot get the wads to install. I always get error 1020. I read that the wads needed to be fake-signed, not sure if that is correct. I can install other wads, such as forwarder wads and all but not these titles in particular. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.

CarbonX13

GBAtemp 台灣人
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
JHardin1112 said:
Hey guys, not sure if this is possible, no big deal if it isn't. I have my brother in law's NAND dump and he has a few virtual console titles that I wanted to install on my Wii. I know I can just use Triiforce and load up his NAND which I have already done in order to play some of his Virtual Console titles. But I was wondering if it is possible using ShowMiiWads to extract the titles as wads I can install on my Wii. I tried this already but when I use Wad Manager v1.7 with my cIOS249 rev 17 or rev19 I cannot get the wads to install. I always get error 1020. I read that the wads needed to be fake-signed, not sure if that is correct. I can install other wads, such as forwarder wads and all but not these titles in particular. Any help would be appreciated, thank you.
Well, Virtual Console WADs are signed to specific Wii consoles when purchased from the Wii Shop Channel, which probably explains why it won't install on your Wii. As for ShowMiiWads, I have no idea if that'd work or not.

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
Thanks CarbonX13, I knew they were signed to specific consoles, but I thought I read somewhere that you could use wwPacker tools and Fake Sign the Wads so they could be installed on my Wii.

If this isn't possible that is okay as I can just use Triiforce to load up his NAND and play the games from there.

JHardin1112

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.nintendofuse.com
XP
Country
United States
More info - I have tried dragging and dropping the wads onto wwPacker - JustSign but I can never install them using Wad Manager.

However, if I were to go to a certain site and download a wad file for a game and install it using Wad Manager it works. How are the wads out on sites different from a Wad I can get from ShowMiiWads, is there something I can do to these wads to allow them to be installed on my Wii?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Juan who?