Virtual Boy emulator for Wii?

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by panmusic, Apr 5, 2010.

1. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    +1 For OarikadoO! I'll never bug you on your efforts on emulation or great stuff on the wii that you are contributing to the scene.You don't owe anyone Jack crap dude. However when and if you do release something,trust me, Fans appreciate the hard work one does to re-live a wonderful time that this game and/or emulator gives. Thanks man.

2. marduk666

marduk666 THE INFINITE NOOB

Aug 2, 2010
    United States
    Word! Zelda Classic and Mugen are in allegro (I think) It would be cool to be able to play them on my Wii

3. OArikadoO

OArikadoO GBAtemp Regular

Dec 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    I'm sure you all want an update on this project and I'm glad to provide one. Working with DarkNation for the past 3 weeks we've ported most of ALLEGRO to Wii. I'll be using this port to build RealityBoy Wii in lieu of rewriting RealityBoy's ALLEGRO code. Hoping to still have at least an extremely crappy initial release by this Christmas.

ALLEGRO for Wii: http://code.google.com/p/allegro-wii/ (Due to our busy lives we tend to give it only about one significant update a week)

Thanks again for support and patience.

4. koji2009

koji2009 GBAtemp Maniac

Mar 13, 2009
    United States
    Glad to hear, actually didn't know this project was in the works so it's a pleasant surprise. Have been wanting to play the wario game for the system for ages... but really didn't want to go through the hassle of hooking up my Virtual Boy again.

5. OArikadoO

Dec 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    So shortly after seeing the thread bumped and posting my bit about ALLEGRO I decided to see if the ALLEGRO port was up to the challenge of porting it. I got it to compile and made some fixes so that it now enters the main emulation loop but crashes shortly after. No idea why. But, even though its not emulating anything, reality boy is running on my wii now. Will hopefully have it doing something useful this weekend unless the bug lies in the allegro port in which case postpone that ... At the very least, I never expected to reach this point for about another month o_0

6. corey89

corey89 Advanced Member

Newcomer
    May 25, 2009
    United States
    Seriously, you're like the greatest thing to happen the Wii homebrew community cause you make all these awesome things actually happen.

Much love, sir

7. OArikadoO

Dec 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    haha, thanks corey89.

Forgot to mention, I put my build in the SVN should any developers with free time be idleing here. I really only get to code on the weekends now thanks to college :-/ Finding the time I did today was a miracle.

8. Coto

Coto -

Jun 4, 2010
    Chile
    I take out my hat before you. You´re a genius Arikado [​IMG]

*Hoping Dreamcast emu dream will come one day true*

9. StupidGamer1

StupidGamer1 GBAtemp Regular

Jun 30, 2010
    United States
    Much respect arikado. you got VB running on the wii and possibly a DC emulator happening. Wii owners are lucky to have you on the scene making great things happen. Sometimes i wish you could get Toad king's Mame source and work your magic. Am I being greedy? yeah, probably. just wishful thinking. If I ever had the knowledge to code it would be solely on mame because the wii has the power to run games that mame wii can't run. Anyways. Thanks arikado for the update! Everything you're doing is appreciated!

10. Dogway

Dogway GBAtemp Regular

Aug 16, 2010
    It's hard to believe that actually there aren't any decent mame emulator on wii.... : /
    I dream with a future ggpo wii, whoaa... [​IMG]

11. Knyaz Vladimir

Knyaz Vladimir 3DS Hacker

Apr 18, 2009
    Canada
    Unconfirmed
    Sorry for reviving such a dead topic, but thanks, Arikado for your work and help. Hope to see a beta soon!

Oh, and by the way, here's a list of unreleased (but completed!) titles for Virtual Boy:
    • Bound High!
    • Donkey Kong Country 2
    • Doraemon
    • Dragon Hopper
    • Faceball
    • GoldenEye
    • Interceptor
    • J-League 3D Stadium
    • Mansion of Insmouse
    • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
    • Night Landing
    • Out of the Deathmount
    • Polygo Block
    • Protious Zone
    • Shin Nihon Pro Wrestling
    • Signal Tatto
    • Sora Tobu Henry
    • Strange Animal School
    • Sundays Point
    • VB Mario Land
    • Virtual Block
    • Virtual Bomberman
    • Virtual Dodgeball
    • Virtual Double Yakuman
    • Virtual Fishing
    • Virtual Gunman
    • Virtual Jockey
    • Virtual League Baseball 2
    • Wangan Sensen Red City
    • Worms
    • Zero Racers
    That list is bigger than the library! Also, Goldeneye WTF?

EDIT: After some research, I found out that it's not 007, or even an FPS. There's only 1 screencap of it in existence and no cartridge found (nor ROM)

12. OArikadoO

Dec 30, 2009
    United States
    USA
    Yeah I need to finish up ALLEGRO a bit more before I can finish porting RealityBoy. I'm a bit stretched working on so many projects right now, but hopefully sooner than later, right? (:

13. DozerGuy

DozerGuy GBAtemp Regular

Mar 4, 2009
    United States
    California
    I never even new the Virtual Boy existed till i saw it on Pawn Stars today. Crazy shit. A Wii emulator would rule. The wario game looks cool.

14. Rafinesque

Rafinesque GBAtemp Regular

Jun 21, 2010
    United States
    I had a Virtual Boy with all the games they made, plus a custom molded hard-shell case.

I sold it on Ebay for $200+ a few years ago....

What is really needed is a VB emulator for the 3DS...

15. Nah3DS

Nah3DS Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!

Feb 9, 2010
    Argentina
    althourgh the shittiness of the virualboy.... its cool to be abble to play (almost) every nintendo console on the wii.
    forza arikado!!!!!

16. metri3

metri3 Member

Newcomer
    Mar 27, 2009
    United States
    This is gonna be awesome! Thanks for your time and effort OArikadoO!

Quick Reply
Draft saved Draft deleted