Homebrew Virtual Boy emulator for Wii?

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
+1 For OarikadoO! I'll never bug you on your efforts on emulation or great stuff on the wii that you are contributing to the scene.You don't owe anyone Jack crap dude. However when and if you do release something,trust me, Fans appreciate the hard work one does to re-live a wonderful time that this game and/or emulator gives. Thanks man.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
arikadosblog.blogspot.com
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you all want an update on this project and I'm glad to provide one. Working with DarkNation for the past 3 weeks we've ported most of ALLEGRO to Wii. I'll be using this port to build RealityBoy Wii in lieu of rewriting RealityBoy's ALLEGRO code. Hoping to still have at least an extremely crappy initial release by this Christmas.

ALLEGRO for Wii: http://code.google.com/p/allegro-wii/ (Due to our busy lives we tend to give it only about one significant update a week)

Thanks again for support and patience.

koji2009

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Glad to hear, actually didn't know this project was in the works so it's a pleasant surprise. Have been wanting to play the wario game for the system for ages... but really didn't want to go through the hassle of hooking up my Virtual Boy again.

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
So shortly after seeing the thread bumped and posting my bit about ALLEGRO I decided to see if the ALLEGRO port was up to the challenge of porting it. I got it to compile and made some fixes so that it now enters the main emulation loop but crashes shortly after. No idea why. But, even though its not emulating anything, reality boy is running on my wii now. Will hopefully have it doing something useful this weekend unless the bug lies in the allegro port in which case postpone that ... At the very least, I never expected to reach this point for about another month o_0

corey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Seriously, you're like the greatest thing to happen the Wii homebrew community cause you make all these awesome things actually happen.

Much love, sir

OArikadoO

Trophies
Website
XP
Country
United States
haha, thanks corey89.

Forgot to mention, I put my build in the SVN should any developers with free time be idleing here. I really only get to code on the weekends now thanks to college :-/ Finding the time I did today was a miracle.

Coto

-
Trophies
XP
Country
Chile
I take out my hat before you. You´re a genius Arikado
wink.gif

*Hoping Dreamcast emu dream will come one day true*

StupidGamer1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Much respect arikado. you got VB running on the wii and possibly a DC emulator happening. Wii owners are lucky to have you on the scene making great things happen. Sometimes i wish you could get Toad king's Mame source and work your magic. Am I being greedy? yeah, probably. just wishful thinking. If I ever had the knowledge to code it would be solely on mame because the wii has the power to run games that mame wii can't run. Anyways. Thanks arikado for the update! Everything you're doing is appreciated!

Dogway

Trophies
XP
Country
It's hard to believe that actually there aren't any decent mame emulator on wii.... : /
I dream with a future ggpo wii, whoaa...
tongue.gif

Knyaz Vladimir

3DS Hacker
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Sorry for reviving such a dead topic, but thanks, Arikado for your work and help. Hope to see a beta soon!

Oh, and by the way, here's a list of unreleased (but completed!) titles for Virtual Boy:
  • Bound High!
  • Donkey Kong Country 2
  • Doraemon
  • Dragon Hopper
  • Faceball
  • GoldenEye
  • Interceptor
  • J-League 3D Stadium
  • Mansion of Insmouse
  • Mighty Morphin Power Rangers
  • Night Landing
  • Out of the Deathmount
  • Polygo Block
  • Protious Zone
  • Shin Nihon Pro Wrestling
  • Signal Tatto
  • Sora Tobu Henry
  • Strange Animal School
  • Sundays Point
  • VB Mario Land
  • Virtual Block
  • Virtual Bomberman
  • Virtual Dodgeball
  • Virtual Double Yakuman
  • Virtual Fishing
  • Virtual Gunman
  • Virtual Jockey
  • Virtual League Baseball 2
  • Wangan Sensen Red City
  • Worms
  • Zero Racers
That list is bigger than the library! Also, Goldeneye WTF?

EDIT: After some research, I found out that it's not 007, or even an FPS. There's only 1 screencap of it in existence and no cartridge found (nor ROM)

DozerGuy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I never even new the Virtual Boy existed till i saw it on Pawn Stars today. Crazy shit. A Wii emulator would rule. The wario game looks cool.

Rafinesque

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I had a Virtual Boy with all the games they made, plus a custom molded hard-shell case.

I sold it on Ebay for $200+ a few years ago....

What is really needed is a VB emulator for the 3DS...

PolloDiablo

Madre de Dios! Es El POLLO DIABLO!!!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
althourgh the shittiness of the virualboy.... its cool to be abble to play (almost) every nintendo console on the wii.
forza arikado!!!!!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @salazarcosplay, I'm good. Thanks.