Homebrew Virtual Boy emulator for Wii?

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I wonder how difficult can be a Virtual Boy emulator?
As of now,this is the only Nintendo console that isn't emulated yet on Wii.
Is it possible and doable?

quinterrya

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Probably not worth emulating.

1) The red and black is a headache.
2) It has only 10 games
3) Wario game is the only fun game on it.

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
I think it has around 30 games.But for such an old console,it would be easy to make an emu for Wii just for the fanbase.I think that there are a lot of people who never played a single one VB game and are positive to try them out...

corey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Virtual Boy has a few fun games, most people just take Angry Game Nerd too seriously.

I would like to see it emulated somehow on Wii, a wiimote\nunchuk control scheme would make the games playable on tv

grimtooth

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
since the games are in 3d the emulator doesn't display any colors, plus the screen size was tiny. i think even the first gameboy used a bigger screen. load up a game and play it on your computer and you'll see what im talking about.

the controller was a piece of crap. LINK

plus there are only a few good games on the system itself, so whoever would make an emulator would be putting alotta time into something most people wont even really play for a long time.

the system was a total failure and i really don't see the need for an emulator.

Lube_Skyballer

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
panmusic said:
I think it has around 30 games.But for such an old console,it would be easy to make an emu for Wii just for the fanbase.I think that there are a lot of people who never played a single one VB game and are positive to try them out...

QUOTEjust for the fanbase

WHAT FANBASE?!?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
the screen(s) was quite large on the VB, larger than the DS. The RED wouldn't be any sort of a problem in an emulator, just like theGB GREEN is no problem on an emulator, just change the colours to grey.
The Wii screen resolution would make red/blue glasses and cross-eye possible, the wiimode+nunchuck would do a good job of controlling the games also. Plus I've seen far more useless emulators created before.
But yeah, just download red dragon and try it out on your pc.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
panmusic said:
...it would be easy to make an emu for Wii just for the fanbase.I think that there are a lot of people who never played a single one VB game and are positive to try them out...
You're contradicting yourself. A fanbase can't consist of people who never even played a single game on it to begin with.

Besides...those who haven't got a VB game can't legally play it. And while this may seem like a detail (I think there may be pirates on this forum
wink.gif
), it does matter. Without a hype, no one's going to know where to find the warez...I mean the legally backed up games.
smile.gif

panmusic

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Greece
Nintendo fanbase obviously.I know a lot of people that they want to try some Nintendo first-party games for VB...

dsfanatic5

Team ICO Freak
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
SoulSnatcher said:
Pointless.
How are you going to view the faux 3D on your television?
instr_accessory_disto_laserglasses.jpg

I own a Virtual Boy with 8 games, and while I admit it won't offer a large selection of desirable games, I'd like to see it emulated if possible. I support the idea of emulation as "preservation." Even though every system is plagued with crappy games, they are still a part of the history, and are of interest to some.

joybeba6679

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
There was a reason why the virtual boy sucked hard, the same reason aplies as if it should be ported to the wii or not. Something to forget forever...

corey89

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We got an Atari Lynx emulator, we might as well have a Virtual Boy, as it has a handful of very good games, and it's fully possible to emulate the 3D effect on your tv. People who don't want to play it doesn't have to, still nice to have all the Nintendo systems emulated on one console.

suckerface

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I think it'd be a fantastic idea. I never had the pleasure of personally owning a VB (though I made an offer to an old co-worker for $50, but his roommate pointed out that be a fantastic deal on my half, but not his :0p), but I did play on a friend's and loved every minute of it (with the exception of the inevitable headache). I never knew there was a Mario Kart, and that just makes me want one even more.

I'd love to see if someone wanted to attempt this. I'd GLADLY be a beta tester
biggrin.gif

thaddius

Charmander is not pleased.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Wever said:
panmusic said:
...it would be easy to make an emu for Wii just for the fanbase.I think that there are a lot of people who never played a single one VB game and are positive to try them out...
You're contradicting yourself. A fanbase can't consist of people who never even played a single game on it to begin with.

Besides...those who haven't got a VB game can't legally play it. And while this may seem like a detail (I think there may be pirates on this forum
wink.gif
), it does matter. Without a hype, no one's going to know where to find the warez...I mean the legally backed up games.
smile.gif

Planet Virtual Boy has a well attended forum and there are flash carts for the VB out there (I own one) and I have never had any trouble finding VB romsets (mostly because they're rather small). There are also two viable VB emulators, one of which was ported to Xbox a while back.

People just pretend that it's an awful system but most people haven't played it.

mysticwaterfall

Streamforce Supreme Commander
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would be really cool actually, I would say there were actually more good games on VB then were on Lynx for sure:) Red Dragon doesn't do a bad job on PC, I think that could be ported. Even without the 3D games like Mario Clash still work fine.

I dig out my Virtual Boy every couple years for kicks. After it died they had the games on sale at Blockbuster for 1$, so I have most of them.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lDRjqI-fBVI&pp=ygUPVml0Z2luIG1hZ2ljaWFu