Virgin wii-4.3u

Discussion in 'Wii - Hacking' started by 4gionz, Feb 28, 2016.

1. 4gionz
    OP

4gionz GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    hey guys I've been reading guides non stop but I'm having a problem, I have a Mac and all these guides say to download modmii. Now I already have homebrew channel setup and I'm seeing d2x is what I have to install, can't I just download d2x and use mmm to install it to 249-250 as their respective bases and be done with it? I'll then add nintendont and us loader gx to the apps folder and everything should work? Maybe a usbloadergx forwarder just to make it look good lol

I'm just looking for a way to do this without modmii thanks guys

2. The Real Jdbye

The Real Jdbye Always Remember 30/07/08

GBAtemp Patron
    The Real Jdbye is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Mar 17, 2010
    Norway
    Alola
    Sure, ModMii is just an easier way of doing the same thing.
    If you can find WAD versions of d2x beta52 IOS249 [base 56] and 250 [base 57] you can use that, if not it would be best to use d2x cIOS Installer to install the latest version.

4gionz likes this.
  3. 4gionz
    OP

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    So the d2x cios installer can simply be run by the homebrew channel and it will install 249 base 56 and 250 base 57 without having to do basically anything? No need to download anything besides that?

Sorry for being such a noob lol I hacked wiis in like 2011 so it's been a while

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    You'll need the zip file for the version of d2x you want to install, too. You just unzip it so its folder and ciosmaps.xml file are in the same folder as the installer's dol.

4gionz likes this.
  5. 4gionz
    OP

Aug 16, 2014
    Canada
    That was only for offline I think. I sing put the d2x cios installer and installer the 2 cios and now all GameCube and wifi games work perfect, took maybe 15 minutes thanks for the reply tho