Violence Male vs Female

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here in the US violence is not uncommon, and normally most fights go "under the radar" so to speak. Now when the fight involves a male and a female normally the man will be held accountable for everything no matter the case. I've noticed it's starting to become an ongoing issues where women start or pick fights with men thinking is ok to spit, slap, choke, bite, kick or punch without reprocussions. I'm not saying this is right, but I do feel that there needs to be a line drawn to where reactions are justified.

http://www.worldstar...q85Q0SUro3x38mr

The video above shows the latest issue with Male vs Female violence, now clearly the bus driver should have stopped himself. He reacted after being spit on and slapped in the face, not to mention the verbal abuse he took for some time. In New York assaulting an MTA working is a felony punishable up to 7 years in prison. Her assault happened while the driver was operating the bus, so others were at risk. Among the people who were on the bus one had crutches and there were 3 elderly people aboard.

Another situation that has happened recently was the attack on an ex-con in a McDonalds by two women who jumped over the counter to assault him due to him refusing to accept a fake bill as payment. I'm mainly writing this as an open ended conversation about the issue to see how others feel about this matter.

Please no finger pointing at fellow tempers, flaming, bashing, name calling, or anything of the sort.

Thank you in advance for all input and views.

Reactions: 3 people

Blaze163

The White Phoenix's purifying flame.
Trophies
XP
Country
When it comes down to it, the phrase is 'Never hit a lady', and I seriously think you could describe many women these days as true ladies, given that a lot of the aggressive types are the ones you find piss-ass drunk on alco-pops in a puddle on the streets of Essex. If I'm being attacked, I'm not going to refuse to defend myself simply because of a difference in anatomy. Women want to be treated equally, after all. They shouldn't be treated differently simply because they don't have dicks, right? Well, most of them don't. Looking at you, Thailand.

However, there is no denying that as a rule women are physiologically more fragile than men, so I will show the very limits of my restraint with women. I usually end conflicts by immobilising the target rather than outright whuppin' their ass, and it's extremely rare that I throw the first punch regardless of the target, but with women I will evade as much as I can and only counterattack if I have no other choice.

On the other hand, if the only way for me to defend myself or people under my protection is to cause the minimal harm to a female, I will. Ain't nobody above an ass whuppin', as Chris Rock puts it.

Overall, it's a touchy subject and it depends entirely on the opponent's physical capabilities. If a woman is tougher than me and starts a fight, I'll not hold back. I'll never start a fight if I can help it, female or otherwise. It's not completely morally reprehensible to strike a woman, but you should always show them the maximum leniency you can muster.

Reactions: 5 people

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That was an epic uppercut. But one thing I never did understand is why do black people get mad when a white person says [censored] or shit like that, but they call themselves it all the time? What the fuck is wrong with that? Samuel L. Jackson said it best:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JkJ9Nyr-CEg

AAANYWAYS:

I think women get off waaaay too easy these days when it comes to violence. They can do whatever they want to a guy, but as soon as the guy does one thing, boom, he's in jail. I mean, last year I think it was, these 3 high school girls pretty much raped a boy. They stripped his clothes off and they were all laughing, and filming and everything. What did they get? A grounding from their parents. If a guy did that, holy shit man, he'd be facing the Judge.

My one boss, his friend is in jail because he killed his wife (hold on, just read the story). They weren't a happy couple, mainly because she was spending all of his money on crap that nobody needs. He'd work like 16 hour days, and he'd have nothing to show for it. He never laid a hand on her though. But one night, the woman went crazy and started stabbing him with shards of a broken mirror. The guy fought her off and whatever, and she just kept coming at him. So he got his gun from his safe, locked up to try and scare her. She kept coming at him and eventually he shot her to protect himself.

The cops came, and he explained the story. His blood was all over the place from the stabbing. The cops said that his gun was in his kids room loaded, ready to go, like he was planning to kill her. They didn't care if he was being stabbed or his blood was all over the place, so they locked him up for 10 years because he killed her.

That doesn't seem right to me at all. You're protecting your life, and if you have to kill someone to protect yours, you should have the right to do so.

Reactions: 9 people

nando

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
growing up. most of the bullies in my school were girls and they were terrifying because you couldn't hit them back. all the fights involving girls were the most violent. they don't punch, they go for blood. i saw a girl in the 7th grade bash another girl's face into the concrete till it was bloody pulp.

i did hit a girl back because i didn't allow any picking on me by nobody. luckily no one gave me flack about it because she was universally hated. she only picked on boys and i was the first one to hit back.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
As a gentleman, I would never "hit" a woman purposely - I would much rather attempt to subdue my attacker than to outright punch her in the face... but I agree, violence is violence and should be met with the same consequences regardess of age, sex etc. The fact that someone's a woman in no way validated agressive behaviour, thing is, defense has to be approprietly gauged. Being attacked by a well-built male mugger in his prime isn't exactly equal to being attacked by a young woman. If an elderly lady hits you with her bag over the head for no reason, you don't exactly roundhouse kick her in the face. :P

Sterling

GBAtemp's Silver Hero
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Honestly, I'm not really one to talk. Part of my code is to never hit a woman. Physically speaking, a woman is weaker than a man. There are exceptions, but this is a vastly true statement. It's one of the reasons I've made this pledge. However, I believe it is perfectly okay to strike back at anyone in self defense. Even physically weaker people can still hurt someone who has refused to fight back. Besides, double standards are bullshit. A woman is just as accountable for her actions as a man is.

Reactions: 1 person

MelodieOctavia

Just your friendly neighborhood Transbian.
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
yourmom.com
XP
Country
Djibouti
It is human reaction to throw a punch without thinking when you're being assaulted, especially if you're caught off guard, and more often than not morally objectionable women take advantage of this by attacking men in a public situation where she knows she would have other men gang stomp the man who reacted with his fight or flight instincts. I actually see this in Las Vegas a lot more than I have anywhere else.

leic7

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I don't get why you're framing what's happened in the video as a gender issue. It's not. A passenger abused an employee, the other passengers on the bus did nothing to stop the abuse but cheered on as the situation deteriated, and the employee eventually went way overboard in their reactions. That's what happened in that video you posted. You could flip the genders of everyone in that video, and it wouldn't make any difference to the description. Both the passenger and the driver would've been charged with assault either way. The idea that men (specifically) shouldn't hit women (specifically) is extremely dated, people need to learn that it's not okay to hit anyone, period.

Reactions: 3 people

Nathan Drake

Obligations fulfilled, now I depart.
Trophies
XP
Country
The idea that men (specifically) shouldn't hit women (specifically) is extremely dated, people need to learn that it's not okay to hit anyone, period.

This.

I mean, women fight for equality, for equal treatment, to be strong and independent, and then we still have them being placed on a societal pedestal as fragile beings that shouldn't be attacked. Hey guys, guess what? Our anatomy doesn't differ much, and the average woman can take a punch just as well as the average guy. Pulling that "they're fragile" bullshit is propaganda straight from 1950's US. Just maintain the idea that you never hit another person except out of self defense (and I mean actually hit; playful punches don't count), and you'll be golden. Discriminating based on gender just because it's violence is a very dated idea.

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was an epic uppercut. But one thing I never did understand is why do black people get mad when a white person says [censored] or shit like that, but they call themselves it all the time? What the fuck is wrong with that?

Im not sure if your joking or not, but ill tell you flat out, as a black 15 year old male, the term is a double edged sword. There are terms when its ok to say it, and there are terms where it is a huge problem. Think of it kind of like how middle schoolers use words like Gay and Retard. Most cases a 7th grader with friends will say either atleast 5 times in an entire conversation, to each other. And they laugh about it, then there are times where a few of them will call like one kid Gay, thats when people start getting beaten up or killing themselves. Same thing for ***. When your joking with friends (and its not just black friends, I have white friends who call me that at times and I usually shoot a honkey or cracker back at them, but we know were both joking.) you dont take it as an insult. Just bullshit that happens during conversations (hell, look at me. I drop the word fuck and shit atleast every other post.) then theres a case when you dont know someone and they walk up to you and say that. If you think all black people call each other *** and are alright about it, then you might as well as call every black guy you see, one. Either way your showing some level of profiling and stereotyping.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That was an epic uppercut. But one thing I never did understand is why do black people get mad when a white person says [censored] or shit like that, but they call themselves it all the time? What the fuck is wrong with that? Samuel L. Jackson said it best:

AAANYWAYS:

I think women get off waaaay too easy these days when it comes to violence. They can do whatever they want to a guy, but as soon as the guy does one thing, boom, he's in jail. I mean, last year I think it was, these 3 high school girls pretty much raped a boy. They stripped his clothes off and they were all laughing, and filming and everything. What did they get? A grounding from their parents. If a guy did that, holy shit man, he'd be facing the Judge.

My one boss, his friend is in jail because he killed his wife (hold on, just read the story). They weren't a happy couple, mainly because she was spending all of his money on crap that nobody needs. He'd work like 16 hour days, and he'd have nothing to show for it. He never laid a hand on her though. But one night, the woman went crazy and started stabbing him with shards of a broken mirror. The guy fought her off and whatever, and she just kept coming at him. So he got his gun from his safe, locked up to try and scare her. She kept coming at him and eventually he shot her to protect himself.

The cops came, and he explained the story. His blood was all over the place from the stabbing. The cops said that his gun was in his kids room loaded, ready to go, like he was planning to kill her. They didn't care if he was being stabbed or his blood was all over the place, so they locked him up for 10 years because he killed her.

That doesn't seem right to me at all. You're protecting your life, and if you have to kill someone to protect yours, you should have the right to do so.

You should start a "N-word" thread. Our forum's crazy antics aside I feel that we are mature enough to have a conversation on it.

-Back on topic. I believe that a man should only hit a woman in self defense of himself of innocent people (the latter being in situations of war, alien invasions, super vileness and things of the sort). I'm about equality for everyone so everybody needs to be accountable for their actions and you should not dish something if you cant take it.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
That was an epic uppercut. But one thing I never did understand is why do black people get mad when a white person says [censored] or shit like that, but they call themselves it all the time? What the fuck is wrong with that?

Im not sure if your joking or not, but ill tell you flat out, as a black 15 year old male, the term is a double edged sword. There are terms when its ok to say it, and there are terms where it is a huge problem. Think of it kind of like how middle schoolers use words like Gay and Retard. Most cases a 7th grader with friends will say either atleast 5 times in an entire conversation, to each other. And they laugh about it, then there are times where a few of them will call like one kid Gay, thats when people start getting beaten up or killing themselves. Same thing for ***. When your joking with friends (and its not just black friends, I have white friends who call me that at times and I usually shoot a honkey or cracker back at them, but we know were both joking.) you dont take it as an insult. Just bullshit that happens during conversations (hell, look at me. I drop the word fuck and shit atleast every other post.) then theres a case when you dont know someone and they walk up to you and say that. If you think all black people call each other *** and are alright about it, then you might as well as call every black guy you see, one. Either way your showing some level of profiling and stereotyping.

Or I just chose a poor of choice of words and should have said "why is it that a lot of black people..."

The Milkman

GBATemp's Official Asshat Milkman
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

Or I just chose a poor of choice of words and should have said "why is it that a lot of black people..."

Tell me, just out of curiosity. How many black people do you know?

tatripp

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
We obviously didn't see everything but it looked like she deserved it. If she spits on him, which is assault, i'm pretty sure he can defend himself.

ShadowSoldier

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada

Tell me, just out of curiosity. How many black people do you know?

The high school I went to was mainly with black people. But that's because of the area of town. And my first friend who became my best friend when I first went to a new elementary school was black, one of the nicest people I know, but he still said that word.

And at the mill I work at, the neighboring mills are mainly run by black people. And in case you question me, yes we talk with them, we all do favors for each other and such.

EMP Knightmare

Fixing GBATemp's Feng Shui Engine (using Win XP)
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I don't get why you're framing what's happened in the video as a gender issue. It's not. A passenger abused an employee, the other passengers on the bus did nothing to stop the abuse but cheered on as the situation deteriated, and the employee eventually went way overboard in their reactions. That's what happened in that video you posted. You could flip the genders of everyone in that video, and it wouldn't make any difference to the description. Both the passenger and the driver would've been charged with assault either way. The idea that men (specifically) shouldn't hit women (specifically) is extremely dated, people need to learn that it's not okay to hit anyone, period.

The reason I "framed" this topic as gender vs gender is for the simple fact of what happened to him for being a man and not a women. Later an article was released that the driver who is 59 years old and worked that job for over 22 years, never had any problems got fired by a panel of females from the bus company . . . . . . . . . the passenger got paid restitution and a free ride to work. Meanwhile her past history is being locked up, shot 4 times and cut in the face all through her fighting with others. Clearly he did go overboard but she got cash and a slap on the wrist for commiting a felony and endangering the lives of others. Honestly had that been a man, he'd be behind bars.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
You're a grade-A cunt if you uppercut anyone on your bus. It's your goddamn job, deal with it.
His job is to drive the bus. It's not his job to take abuse from drunk morons. Nowhere in the job description does it say "oh and by the way, you are to allow everyone to yell at you, spit on you and hit you, and you aren't allowed to lift a finger." You're a grade-A cunt if you assault the driver of your own bus. You start shit, you get punched in the face.

Reactions: 4 people

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You're a grade-A cunt if you uppercut anyone on your bus. It's your goddamn job, deal with it.
His job is to drive the bus. It's not his job to take abuse from drunk morons. Nowhere in the job description does it say "oh and by the way, you are to allow everyone to yell at you, spit on you and hit you, and you aren't allowed to lift a finger." You're a grade-A cunt if you assault the driver of your own bus. You start shit, you get punched in the face.

I thought it was sorta entailed that you deal with drunks when you drive a bus.

Still, if some drunk guy (or gal) is giving you shit, just stay calm, get them off the bus, and leave.

I mean this guy is most likely fired, and honestly I think both people are at fault.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @OctoAori20, Thank you. Hope you're in good spirits today like I am. :)