View nds icon on pc

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by ninfando1989, Dec 2, 2012.

Dec 2, 2012

View nds icon on pc by ninfando1989 at 12:35 PM (973 Views / 0 Likes) 4 replies

1. ninfando1989
    OP

Newcomer ninfando1989 Member

Papua New Guinea
    Hello i need help finding the software to view nds icon on pc. Thanks!

2. Fyrus

Member Fyrus Artilleur Carmin

France
    The only one I know of is CycloTools, but it seems like it doesn't work on Vista and newer.

3. Depravo

Global Moderator Depravo Jaded curmudgeon

United Kingdom
  4. FAST6191

Reporter FAST6191 Techromancer

pip
    United Kingdom
    Do you mean just a tool to view then and then save them to a more common format or to view them like normal icons for normal programs?

For the former just about any hacking tool that is not game specific will do, if you just want something basic NDSTS http://www.no-intro.org/tools.htm is what I usually used whenever I had to do releases posts around here. There are loads and there are even simpler tools (although open, make sure you are still on the header viewer pane and press save icon (perhaps with transparency or perhaps without) is hardly convoluted.

For icons it is split- Team Cyclops I think it was did a windows explorer addon once that perhaps the majority use. I am not sure where the downloads are right now and filetrip is being slow for me so I can not go hunting around.

Personally I use the crystaltile2 one
    http://filetrip.net/nds-downloads/utilities/download-crystaltile2-20100906-f23649.html
    Click the help menu, click the about menu, click the install button. I am not sure how well it works on later/64 bit versions of windows and you might have to right click and run Crystaltile2 as an administrator to install it on said versions of windows.

There might be others around as well but the CT2 one worked for me and includes header info, some basic checks and the option to save the icon on the file properties so I am good with that.

5. VatoLoco

Member VatoLoco Don't crush that dwarf, hand me the pliers.

United States
    i personally use RomeR to view and extract nds icons.