PS1/2 Videos on ps2 iso

Pagio94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
So I've got this idea to sub videos in a japanese game, so that the story can be at least understandable. I downloaded the iso of the game and mounted it to check what files there are in there but I can't find anything related or similar to a vid. Usually what is the extension used for vids in a ps2 game? Do I need to disassemble or they should be there as resources?

Pagio94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Cowboy Bebop: Tsuiuko no serenade. I didn't find anything in the iso that is similar to videos in the resources. My original plan was to sub them with a basic video editing program and save them again in their format

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Cowboy Bebop: Tsuiuko no serenade. I didn't find anything in the iso that is similar to videos in the resources. My original plan was to sub them with a basic video editing program and save them again in their format
They might be stored in a variety of formats not even resembling a video - .bin's, even. You'll have to try going by filenames. Do you know what codec the game is using? That would help you locate the files, as dedicated codecs like Bink Video and the likes use specific extensions.

Pagio94

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
No informations about that neither in the game credits nor in the backcover. In the iso there are a bunch of files .hed, .dat and .irx. None of them seems video related by the titles. Fortunately I'm studying MIPS this week for a university exam, so I'll take a deeper look in the files maybe these days

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Looks like Link's Awakening was metaphorical.