Homebrew Videos on Moonshell with BatchDPG Guide

Shabadage

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
12elis said:
Ummm.... any of you guys ever hear of DPGTOOLS? you dont need this AViSynth or anything. just drag and drop your video into it and it automatically converts pretty much any video file into .dpg.

Or am i missing something here?

BatchDPG outputs high quality files when compared to TOOLS. Usually with less errors too.

hetyu

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Heya,

I have 2 little problems when im converting movies to .dpg with Batchdgp.

1- I usually add subtitles to the videos, but i have to change some things in the .srt file. I have to change letters like,á,é,í,ű to a,e,i,u because if i leave them like that in the converted video i will see "?" instead of the normal letters. Kinda weird and it is irritating to modify the srt files all the times :/

2- In every video, from time to time the sound sometimes "scratch" a little and if so, im listening the video with earphones it hurts my ears a bit :/

I would really appreciate some useful hints or solutions regarding these problems. Also hope its not really n00b questions :/

Cheers

ps: dunno if its count but im using my old R4

tnx forward

iPikachu

C3's personal flamebot and fail artist
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
question... i go to C: then i see a folder "WINDOWS" is that where windoew is installed there are alot of folders.... and if i already have moonshell in my ds what do i do?

lilkidz

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
I'm getting the black screen with the lighting blinking as well. Using BatchDpg 1.60 o.o Help please? xd

Edit: Okie, I got the dpg working on my ds but using SUPER instead. The file Super produced was double the reduced size BatchDpg created. Oowell` got it working =]

iPikachu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
my video takes 5 HOURS for a 119895 kb video which is around 20 something minutes anime... zzz...

anyway my previous problem has been solved by myself lol..

what black screen..

speaking of which they realy need some people to come here to monitor this thread, lol..

chocolater

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Senegal
So i have downloaded a few movies on my ds and it plays but my question is how do i fastfoward through the movie? Thanks and merry Xmas
yaynds.gif

Torrunt

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
torrunt.tumblr.com
XP
Country
chocolater said:
So i have downloaded a few movies on my ds and it plays but my question is how do i fastfoward through the movie? Thanks and merry Xmas
yaynds.gif

Just tap the touch screen, that will make it so the video goes down on to it and also with a progress bar. then just touch anywhere on the progress bar at the bottom and when your done just tap the screen again.

5%

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
what are the best settings for a clean high quality conversion? i tried converting with slow encode, high quality and when i played it on the ds, the video was very choppy/laggy.

i use dpgtools131 btw

edit: nevermind got it
smile.gif

iPikachu

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Senegal
ashxu said:
You should use "SUPER" converter, not BatchDPG. (It's name is SUPER)
20gb needed. sort of.

chocolater said:
yaynds.gif

lets see what happened to my video when i fast forward using the below?...

Torrunt said:
Just tap the touch screen, that will make it so the video goes down on to it and also with a progress bar. then just touch anywhere on the progress bar at the bottom and when your done just tap the screen again.
the video will then not be synced(the sound and "animation" will not fit together.)

QUOTE(quickfingers @ Dec 22 2008, 08:03 AM) i'm a retard so can this work for torrent and our own home dvd's to?
T-T-T-TORRENT?!0_0 OFCNOT
home dvd depends?

QUOTE(Inylo @ Dec 22 2008, 11:40 PM)
What about framework do I need? Cuz I have a folder called framework on my desktop. What is the file i need?
NET.framework 2.0 i think the latest is 3.5?

Auriscope

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmm... When I convert videos, the convert works fine, but after I load them up in moonshell the video is 'swimmy', kinda of like looking in a fun house mirror? The original file is fine, so I assume it has something to do with the conversion process.

nonnonnon

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Norway
i just downloaded the batch dpg link. inside the map i downloaded it was a batch dpg program. i tryed it and it works! whats the point whit avisynth and all the other programs?

EDIT: i have avisynth, but not any else

stonypebbles

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
um... i have an error about the audio.... i did everything when i click run this pop up shows and says that it failed to initialeze so y and wat do i do... whe the convert is finished there is no audio or dpg file

Tumex

Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I've downloaded newest version, and when I trying convert avi file I get error message MSVCP71.dll not found. Should i rename MSVCP80.dll to that?

Guitar1969

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
ashxu said:
You should use "SUPER" converter, not BatchDPG. (It's name is SUPER)

I am wondering if you can help me - I tried encoding a video(An mp4) in Super and I think I had the settings wrong, as Moonshell would not play it. This is my first try. When loading the DPG video, the top screen had a blue screen and a bunch of codes, but the last line said "Horizontal sizes other than 256 pixels became unsupported"

Using a CycloDs card.

In Super, i chose the Nintendo DS profile, and left everything the same, including video scale size to 256 x 192.

I previously tried Batchdpg but could not get it to work - kept saying a language error.

I'm new to all this so any help would be appreciated - What setting do I need to use, and is there anything else I am doing wrong. What version of Moonshell does everybody use - Not much support on Moonshelll these days, looks like the developer has abandoned it per the Wiki.

Any help would be appreciated

Evilmaster1985

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
What version of moonshell do you use?
I hear the latest beta has trouble playing some dpg files.

Anyway here is now to use dpgbatch:
http://nl.youtube.com/watch?v=1fSFW4tkeAY
Its a step by step movie on youtube showing you what settings to pick.

If after this you still fail to get the movie running on moonshell, register and download one from here:
http://gbatmw.net
The site shares pre converted movies that should run on moonshell perfectly.

If by posting this link I broke the rules please do inform me and remove the link.

Greetz, Vistabuser.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Spring is in the air. +1