Video Streaming On the O3ds?

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by mikulous, May 8, 2017.

1. mikulous
    OP

mikulous Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    I have a Old 3DS XL. I was looking at a way to stream video from it without a capture card or a camera. The NTR Viewer way didn't work. But I did find an other homebrew application, HorizonM. It worked and it still does, but its extremly laggy. My PC is connected through ethernet and the 3DS is sitting on top of my router so it should have a good connection. The only way I can stream the video is with an application called Horizon Screen. It's the only one that streams it. But it does it terribly, in the attached screen shot it says HzScreen, then a update date I think and then the FPS, 1.7. I want to record this, but I can't when the FPS is terrible. Please help, I do not want to buy a New 3ds or a 3ds capture card.

2. KunoichiZ

KunoichiZ GBAtemp Guru

Mar 16, 2012
    United States
    There's no other way. o3DS systems cannot use NTR CFW to record the screen at all, as that's a n3DS feature only. Either use HorizonM, get a n3DS, or buy a capture card.

:/

3. arc13

arc13 SPAAAACE !

Mar 6, 2017
    France
    0xDEADBEEF
    Unfortunately, unless some major improvement in the HorizonM code, o3ds isn't enough powerful to do (and hold) 30fps.

4. Kenion

Kenion Banned

Banned
    Dec 29, 2016
    United States
    The only way is HorizonModule atm

5. xtheman

xtheman GBAtemp Guru

Jan 28, 2016
    United States
    The speed you are getting is the best the o3ds is gonna get. You can't do anything other then buy a capture card or new3ds.

6. mikulous
    OP

mikulous Newbie

Newcomer
    May 8, 2017
    United States
    Ah dangit, thanks anyway!