Hacking Video problems after (and before) Wiikey install..

-kreep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Previously on my Wii (playing Zelda, genuine copy) I'd noticed little black dots on the screen, sometimes white ones too, exactly like the ones you'd see from your PC graphics card if you'd overclocked it too much. It didn't really bother me or effect the game at all so i didn't post anything but...

...After installing the Wiikey and playing a backup of Mario Strikers it becomes very apparent! Especially when you do a MeggaStrike!! I get lots of black pixels in the top third of the screen!!

Zelda plays exactly the same though, so no probs there, strange.

Is this an overheating problem? Has anyone else had a similar problem? Is it the copy of of Mario Strikers as it doesn't happen on the Wii main screen...

Please help! Thanks
grog.gif

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
You need a replacement wii. The video card has been overheated. If you didn't put in the WiiKey I would've suggested sending it into Nintendo, like I did. They'll repair it free of charge... however, now... maybe not.

optiknick

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Are you using wiiconnect24? There has been report that leaving the wii in standby mode could lead to overheating problems with the gpu...

-kreep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the reply people.

Where do i start?... I've knocked off the standby mode as it does nothin anyway, so thats ruled out.

Now.. think i could take out the mod chip and send back to the Big N??? hmmmm....

Think i'll have to do a little modding of my own! Any choice of fan anyone?

Spikey

Your Special Someone
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The damage is already done, putting in a new fan, or turning off standby will do nothing now. However, turning off standby is a good way to PREVENT the error you're having from starting.

But like I said, the damage is already done.

kristijan08

Trophies
XP
Country
pretty sure it was just a manufacturing fault in the early versions of the wii, unlike the 360 nintendo recognised and solved the problem i believe!

as for your current situation take the chip out and send it back, thats bout all you can do! hope you can do a good job cleaning it up

genxor

Trophies
XP
Country
I've had this off and on.
For a month or so after I installed my wiikey I had it rather bad, then one day it just went away. It stayed good for a couple of months until I had to unplug and move my Wii. Now it's back. Interestingly I get it on the Wii menu and everywhere else. VC, Wii games, photo channel, news, weather etc. Never in gamecube mode though.

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I get it. Green/black blobs on the screen. I first noticed it when I got an XCM cable & hooked up to my HDTV with the wii in 480p. Now, its on the TV downstairs, standard 576i widescreen CRT and I still get em! I Wiikeyed my Wii so I cant send it back to Ninty, any advice?

My wii is PAL from the first batch. Bought at midnight on release day from Tesco in the UK
ph34r.gif

-kreep

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Think I'll just drop mine down the stairs and do an insurance job, blame the kids! hahaha!
Anyone had anyproblems with Mario Party 8 and POP: Rival Swords then??

cardyology

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Think I'll just drop mine down the stairs and do an insurance job, blame the kids! hahaha!

If people like you would all die the world would be alot richer
Shonosuke - Why would the world be richer?

Just incase you hadnt noticed, you are in a forum which primarily discusses - illegal mod-chips/installation/console modification/software piracy (i know its a big no-no to mention these things, but come on, we all know it happens wether talked about or not...) however, when someone mentions claiming on their insurance (which they've paid high premiums to do exactly that, if nessecary), you get all irate and wish death on those who decieve these multi-billion corporations which take hundreds of thousands of £/$ off us little poeple every day of evey year of our lives.

Why?

I find your defence of these organisations moronic and above all, ill-informed and ignorant - especially if you, like many others on this forum are using a Wiikey/cyclo/wiid etc etc... and robbing Nintendo/destroying the game revenues that the video games industry relies on.

Care to explain your ridiculous, ignorant comment?

You defend the insurance companies stating that "the world would be a lot richer" I'd like you to explain to me, and the rest of the forum exactly how people NOT claiming on their policies would benifit you.

If people didn't claim on their insurance, the only people better off would be the insurance companies, they'd be richer. Insurance premiums are paid to be taken advantage of in situations like this. I imagine you are simpy a child, who has no concept of how insurance & insurance rate/claims work. You also seem to have no concept of how awful it is to wish death upon people.

Continue to be an idiot, continue to make half-assed arguments about something you have absolutely no understanding of. Continue to shout your mouth off in front of your computer screen because I assure you, if your attitude toward people remains the same, this is where you will remain for many years to come.

And wishing death on people is also pretty bad although I belive that is something you'll grow out of when you age and mature and develop a better understanding of what death actually is & what it causes. Maybe you should wait a little untill the majoritiy of your life-experiences come from sources other than kids TV and the internet.

J.C. - I***L Insurance Services
(FSA registered intermediatory)

shonosuke

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands

If people like you would all die the world would be alot richer
Shonosuke - Why would the world be richer?

Just incase you hadnt noticed, you are in a forum which primarily discusses - illegal mod-chips/installation/console modification/software piracy (i know its a big no-no to mention these things, but come on, we all know it happens wether talked about or not...) however, when someone mentions claiming on their insurance (which they've paid high premiums to do exactly that, if nessecary), you get all irate and wish death on those who decieve these multi-billion corporations which take hundreds of thousands of £/$ off us little poeple every day of evey year of our lives.

Why?

I find your defence of these organisations moronic and above all, ill-informed and ignorant - especially if you, like many others on this forum are using a Wiikey/cyclo/wiid etc etc... and robbing Nintendo/destroying the game revenues that the video games industry relies on.

Care to explain your ridiculous, ignorant comment?

You defend the insurance companies stating that "the world would be a lot richer" I'd like you to explain to me, and the rest of the forum exactly how people NOT claiming on their policies would benifit you.

If people didn't claim on their insurance, the only people better off would be the insurance companies, they'd be richer. Insurance premiums are paid to be taken advantage of in situations like this. I imagine you are simpy a child, who has no concept of how insurance & insurance rate/claims work. You also seem to have no concept of how awful it is to wish death upon people.

Continue to be an idiot, continue to make half-assed arguments about something you have absolutely no understanding of. Continue to shout your mouth off in front of your computer screen because I assure you, if your attitude toward people remains the same, this is where you will remain for many years to come.

And wishing death on people is also pretty bad although I belive that is something you'll grow out of when you age and mature and develop a better understanding of what death actually is & what it causes. Maybe you should wait a little untill the majoritiy of your life-experiences come from sources other than kids TV and the internet.

J.C. - I***L Insurance Services
(FSA registered intermediatory)

FYI, I have a modchip so I can play games from different regions. And you are probally right but I just hate it when people do things like that.
Guess Ill kill my family now to get there life insurance and Just blame it on the kids.
and
195983063_e380efd610.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: