Video Player For NDS

Discussion in 'NDS - Emulation and Homebrew' started by jamespoo, Aug 26, 2011.

1. jamespoo
    OP

jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

Mar 4, 2011
    New Zealand
    Auckland
  2. hatredg0d

hatredg0d GBAtemp Regular

Oct 15, 2009
    United States
    Minnesota
    the movie plugin for the ds2 works wonders

3. machomuu

machomuu Drops by occasionally

Sep 4, 2009
    United States
    The Courtroom
    Moonshell plays movies as well.

4. jamespoo
    OP

jamespoo GBAtemp Fan

Mar 4, 2011
    New Zealand
    Auckland
    i know it was not that as that plays .dga the one he had played 3gp mpg ect and it was not iplayer

5. Rydian

Rydian Resident Furvertâ„¢

Feb 4, 2010
    United States
    Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
    I'm not aware of any video play for the DS that runs on standard flash carts other than Tuna and Moonshell.

You may be thinking if the DSTwo's video player.

6. Foxi4

Foxi4 On the hunt...

pip Reporter
    Sep 13, 2009
    Poland
    Gaming Grotto
    You won't get any movie players at all that are compatible with extensions other than .dpg (recommended) or .avi (tunavids, but they need to be converted anyways) for standard carts.

I personally recommend Moonshell - best overall quality and no frameskipping. Couple it with Xilisoft's Video Converter (best out there imo) and you're good to go.

7. SifJar

SifJar Not a pirate

Apr 4, 2009
    There is also DSVideo, but it also uses a proprietary video format I believe, like Moonshell does. It also requires a modified DLDI patch from memory, which can be hard to find/create, depending on what card you use. For some, it is even impossible (requires an open source DLDI patch to modify).

I think Spinal also had a video player of some sort, but from memory I could never get it to work properly.

The ONLY player that can play regular video formats is iPlayer and the DS TWO Video Plugin (both are practically the same AFAIK).

Besides those the only other video player I can think of is the one Datel supply with their "MAX Media Dock", but it is specific to MAX Media Dock, and is also pathetic. It uses a proprietary video format as well, and it can't fast forward or rewind.

8. jurassicplayer

jurassicplayer Completionist Themer

Mar 7, 2009
    United States
    Pantsuland
    Many a day passed...I faintly recall a homebrew that can play mpg? or maybe it was mp4...something along those lines...but that was a long time ago...and extremely limited...and totally exceeded by Tunavid, DSVideo, Moonshell, and Moonshell2.

9. Luigi2012SM64DS

Luigi2012SM64DS G-old member

Banned
    Aug 27, 2011
    Canada
    Minecrapt
    DSMPlay has the best quality but it still needs to be converted to a special format and it can take a lot of space