video editing

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by baffle-boy, Jan 5, 2010.

1. baffle-boy
    OP

baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2009
    Canada
    EVERYWHERE
    i need an easy to use program for video editing to use for a school project. i would really prefer if it was free, but if there is a trial that would last about 10 days+ that would be fine too. i have used THIS program for the last project i had to do video editing, and i really like the interface(specifically that it used separate "tracks" for video audio etc.) however... the trial is up! if you can find anything that is free, or has a trial version that has a "track" system that would be great!

2. Feels Good Man

Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Apr 15, 2007
    Canada
    Windows Movie Maker?

3. Elritha

Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Jan 24, 2006
    Canada
    What exactly do you need to do? Depending on your needs there is Virtualdub which is free. You can also use avisynth which supports a huge variety of free plugins and scripts.

Avisynth requires an external program to process your movie file, so a combination of avisynth + Virtualdub is good.

4. juggernaut911

juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

Jul 13, 2006
    United States
    I like the simplicity of After Effects! Maybe you will too! [​IMG]

5. baffle-boy
    OP

baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Jul 29, 2009
    Canada
    EVERYWHERE
    my needs are as simple as adding clips together, cutting some, adding transitions, and titles. it's also important that i can add separate music (eg mute the audio from a clip and replace it). windows movie maker is... an interesting idea... albeit a little fail [​IMG]

6. BiscuitBee

BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Jul 30, 2008
    Canada
    Canada
    Windows Movie Maker has come through for me many times. But, if you are using Vista or 7, give Live Movie Maker[1]. It's the big brother of Windows Movie Maker; however, it doesn't run on XP.

[1] http://download.live.com/moviemaker

7. computerboy

computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Sep 20, 2008
    Swaziland
    Sony Vegas Pro. There's a trial of 30 days but it's awesome. I even used it to make this: