video editing

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by baffle-boy, Jan 5, 2010.

Jan 5, 2010

video editing by baffle-boy at 5:35 AM (700 Views / 0 Likes) 6 replies

1. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    i need an easy to use program for video editing to use for a school project. i would really prefer if it was free, but if there is a trial that would last about 10 days+ that would be fine too. i have used THIS program for the last project i had to do video editing, and i really like the interface(specifically that it used separate "tracks" for video audio etc.) however... the trial is up! if you can find anything that is free, or has a trial version that has a "track" system that would be great!

2. Feels Good Man

Member Feels Good Man GBAtemp Advanced Maniac

Canada
    Windows Movie Maker?

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    What exactly do you need to do? Depending on your needs there is Virtualdub which is free. You can also use avisynth which supports a huge variety of free plugins and scripts.

Avisynth requires an external program to process your movie file, so a combination of avisynth + Virtualdub is good.

4. juggernaut911

Member juggernaut911 GBAtemp Slut!

United States
    I like the simplicity of After Effects! Maybe you will too! [​IMG]

5. baffle-boy
    OP

Member baffle-boy GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    my needs are as simple as adding clips together, cutting some, adding transitions, and titles. it's also important that i can add separate music (eg mute the audio from a clip and replace it). windows movie maker is... an interesting idea... albeit a little fail [​IMG]

6. BiscuitBee

Member BiscuitBee Semi-Resident Cookie-Bug

Canada
    Windows Movie Maker has come through for me many times. But, if you are using Vista or 7, give Live Movie Maker[1]. It's the big brother of Windows Movie Maker; however, it doesn't run on XP.

[1] http://download.live.com/moviemaker

7. computerboy

Member computerboy GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Switzerland
    Sony Vegas Pro. There's a trial of 30 days but it's awesome. I even used it to make this: