Video Card Help

Discussion in 'Computer Games and General Discussion' started by rapol, Feb 2, 2010.

Feb 2, 2010

Video Card Help by rapol at 4:51 PM (586 Views / 0 Likes) 3 replies

1. rapol
    OP

Newcomer rapol Member

United States
    Looking to get a new video card.

My current one is a 8600 GT and I bought it in late Oct 2007 to play Team Fortress 2 with.

I currently still play TF2 all the time, but have noticed how slow games like Fallout 3 and Bioshock run on it(plus I am getting ready to gt Bioshock 2).

I've taken a screen shot of my current hardware so you can see what I have and what would would well with what I have.(http://imgur.com/Nm1Pk.jpg)

I would just like the price to be around $200 to $250.

I don't need anything super fantastic, just something that like my current one might not need a serious upgrade for a year and a half or so.

2. 67birdman

Member 67birdman GBAtemp Fan

Canada
    It might be because of your processor, AMDs are not good for gaming, generally.

3. Elritha

Member Elritha GBAtemp Addict

Canada
    The ATI 4870 or 4850 is pretty decent for the price it is. If you're after a DX11 card you should be looking at the ATI 5XXX series, though some of them are more expensive. The cheaper ones wouldn't be as good with directx10 as the 4870.

4. playallday

Member playallday Group: GBAtemp Ghost

Canada
    Get any of the 48xx cards, whichever is cheaper (most of the time it's the 4850).