Very strange and unexplained cfw screen freeze glitch

Discussion in '3DS - Homebrew Development and Emulators' started by ggresty, Mar 22, 2017.

1. ggresty
    OP

ggresty Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    So I've had cfw on my 3ds for around 2 months now, ever since the 11.2 downgrade method came out, and it worked wonderfully. However, around 3 days ago, my 3ds froze on the home screen. I reset, and it works. I go into system settings/data management/Nintendo 3ds software, but it got stuck on loading 1/3 pages. I press back, and it shows a blank screen and freezes. I used freeshop to delete all of my installed software since I couldn't delete them through system settings. At this point all I have installed is the newest Homebrew launcher application, CHMM, Freeshop, FBI, and NTR cfw (the thing that lets you capture footage from your n3ds) and I can't delete them since freeshop doesn't allow me to. Even after deleting my games, the system settings screen gets stuck on loading 1/1. I personally believe it's one of the apps I have installed out of CHMM Freeshop HBL and FBI since they're the only apps I have left that could show up in system settings. Does anyone know any possible way to fix this problem?

UPDATE: It now freezes when I use the microsd management option.

Last edited by ggresty, Mar 23, 2017
  2. Mark McDonut

Mark McDonut GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Oct 8, 2008
    United States
    are you sure it's not your SD card? that sounds like an SD card starting to fail.

3. pokemoner2500

pokemoner2500 GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Aug 14, 2013
    United States
    Find a CIA for Dev Menu and use that to delete titles, or use FBI to delete titles.

4. ggresty
    OP

ggresty Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 22, 2017
    United States
    I actually forgot to mention, when I tried using FBI it froze after selecting the "titles" option, which is the only way as far as I know to uninstall CIA's. I'll try dev menu and see if that works.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

When I try to press SD on FBI it freezes and doesn't let me do anything.

— Posts automatically merged - Please don't double post! —

Even if i got a new microsd, how would i get cfw back on it? I'm on 11.3 now.

5. Dionicio3

Dionicio3 GBATemp's Official Skiddo™ | Founder of Skiddoism

Feb 26, 2017
    United States
    Hollister, CA
    No CFW for 11.3, unless you installed CFW on 11.3 than upgrade. If thats the case, just download the the CFW files and put it on your new SD card.

6. Giodude

Giodude Ruler of Italy

GBAtemp Patron
    Giodude is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    May 17, 2015
    United States
    New York
    If you followed the guide correctly, you should have put arm9loaderhax.bin on your ctrnand, so you basically always have cfw.

7. ToastyMudkip

ToastyMudkip Newbie

Newcomer
    Mar 24, 2017
    United States
    Just copy and paste your sd card contents onto your new sd card. At least, that's what I do when I upgrade my 3ds storage via sd card.