Very Basic Question - How to Autoload USBLoaderGX

Discussion in 'Wii - Backup Loaders' started by kellydog, May 27, 2017.

1. kellydog
    OP

kellydog Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    United States
    I have a softmodded Wii that is working very well.
    Hackmii>Letterbomb>Bootmii with Boot2>Priiloader booting to HBC
    Ios 249 D2v8Final,base 57, Slot 249 Rev21008

I have a 4gb SD card with USB Loader GX on it. I have a few games on a 1TB drive. Everything is FAT32

Can someone point me toward a tutorial or video to auto launch the USB loader?

I want to turn the Wii on and have it go straight to USBLoaderGX and not bother selecting the app with the Homebrew channel. I'm ok with keeping a SD card in at all times so a forwarder will work, I'm not trying to install a channel.

I'm just lost. I read put a dol file on the root of the SD, but it seems like USB loader comes with a forwarding wad file now. I tried installing that and told Priiloader to autoboot to the installed channel instead of Homebrew with no luck.

Thanks for reading

2. Badablek

Badablek GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2006
    France
    hi,

you already have the answer :
    1. install the official forwarder (wii version) of usbloader gx
    2. put usbloader gx where it has to be (sd:\apps\usbloader_gx or hdd1:\apps\usbloader_gx if FAT32)
    3. setup priiloader to launch usbloader gx's forwarder at boot
    4. profit !

3. kellydog
    OP

kellydog Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    United States
    Making some progress
    I downloaded USBLoader_GX_v3.0_All in one package

I used YAWMM to load the USB Loader GX-UNEO_Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad
    Then I used Priiloader to install the ForwarderV5.1.dol
    I set Priiloader to launch the installed file instead of HBC

Boom! My Wii boots directly to USBLoaderGX

Problem - The gamecube games don't work :(
    I get an error Ninendont requires AHB access! Please launch USBLoaderGX from HBC or from an updated channel or forwarder

Any ideas?

4. GreyWolf

GreyWolf GBAtemp Psycho!

Mar 2, 2015
    United States
    What version of Priiloader are you using? I think the AHB_PROT issue is fixed in 0.8+.

5. kellydog
    OP

kellydog Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    United States
    Priiloader is v0.8.1

It's very odd. When I power the machine on and try a gamecube game I get the error.
    I can make the error go away though-
    I power the machine and let it autostart USBLoaderGx, If I then run USBLoaderGx again, I can launch the gamecube games without any errors. It only gives the error on the first run of the loader.

6. Badablek

Badablek GBAtemp Regular

Jan 23, 2006
    France
    Did you put Nintendont xml file in the same folder as Nintendont dol ?

and you should not use the AIO package of USBLGX, it is outdated since a long time. Download the latest revision (1262) in sourceforge : https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx

7. kellydog
    OP

kellydog Newbie

Newcomer
    May 15, 2017
    United States
    I'm running Nintendont 4.444 and USBLGX 1262

I installed a wad - USB Loader GX-UNEO-Forwarder_5_1_AHBPROT.wad that I downloaded from sourceforge Home/Releases/Forwarders

The most recent forwarder I could find was Home/Releases/forwarders dols ForwarderV5.1.dol -is that correct? It's dated 4/2012

If I try to run a gamecube game from USBLGX after powering the unit up I get 'Ninendont requires AHB access! Please launch USBLoaderGX from HBC or from an updated channel or forwarder'
    If I launch USBLGX through the HBC after that, It will launch gamecube games without any issues