Hacking Version 2.0b1

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Do we need to format the emunand to revert back to b1 ? or just change launcher.dat for b1 and done ?

After read thru TONs of comment on like 4-5 threads i have decided to revert back to b1 as well. Its just bs that they have to put kill code that would also endanger bricking legit gateway carts, maybe they gone paranoid but this is why all modding/homebrew/carts scene suck they all behave like little children
Just change the launcher.dat, that's all you need to do.

Reactions: liquidsolidyetboth

DIXES

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Taiwan
Is there a region free patch (a tool or modify hex value manually) for 2.0b1?
I would just like to use XL playing retail cartridge of Japanese version games.

Relenting

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Finland
I'm planing to switch back to gw2.0b1, but I have no idea where can I download it now.

Go to their website. Copy the address of the 2.02b link, paste it to the address bar and change the latter 2 to a 1, like 2.01b. It will be automatically downloaded when you press enter.

Reactions: honorigami

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Question: can retail cartridges be played online using 2.0b1?
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_fl...#Flashcart.27s_software_versions_and_features

It's not the correct page, I'll move them later, but at least you have all the Launcher.dat version and features at the same place.

Yes but if the game requires an update to be played online (like pokemon), you have first to download the update on the eshop with the 2.0b2 and then, switch to 2.0b1 to play online
You can also update your EmuNAND using the game cartridge that you want to play.
It will update the main System menu version, but will not update the network version.

If you are on system menu 4.5.0-5 and your game require 6.3.0, you can update to 6.3.0-5
you can't access eshop with the "-5" as it require "-14" (or newer) and it will ask you to download an update (don't! do not install updates from Eshop, always go to Settings to update emuNAND from internet).

But at least, you can update your EmuNAND without 2.0b2 and without eShop, to play the game you want.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_fl...#Flashcart.27s_software_versions_and_features

It's not the correct page, I'll move them later, but at least you have all the Launcher.dat version and features at the same place.

You can also update your EmuNAND using the game cartridge that you want to play.
It will update the main System menu version, but will not update the network version.

If you are on system menu 4.5.0-5 and your game require 6.3.0, you can update to 6.3.0-5
you can't access eshop with the "-5" as it require "-14" (or newer) and it will ask you to download an update (don't! do not install updates from Eshop, always go to Settings to update emuNAND from internet).

But at least, you can update your EmuNAND without 2.0b2 and without eShop, to play the game you want.
Anyone know what happens if you use 2.0b2 to update emuNAND to 7.1 and then switch the launcher.dat to 2.0b1? Would emuNAND information simply be erased/overwritten? Or would 2.0b1 no longer function/function correctly?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
You can update to 7.1.0 with 2.0b2, then put Launcher.dat 2.0b1
It will boot the EmuNAND without problem, and you will have all the reported bugs from here:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_hacking_faq#Known_bugs

To resume:
If you use 2.0b1 with EmuNAND 7.x, you can only launch games from the same region (ROM or Cartridge)

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
You can update to 7.1.0 with 2.0b2, then put Launcher.dat 2.0b1
It will boot the EmuNAND without problem, and you will have all the reported bugs from here:
http://wiki.gbatemp.net/wiki/3DS_hacking_faq#Known_bugs

To resume:
If you use 2.0b1 with EmuNAND 7.x, you can only launch games from the same region (ROM or Cartridge)
Oh okay, that's not such a huge restriction considering it gets you all the most up-to-date features without the presence of bricking code. Appreciate the help and quick answers! :grog:

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Most annoying bug could be that some games use different languages.
You could have games in japanese, spanish, etc.

edit:
Oh, and the savegame loss is annoying too, but always try to save right after starting playing/exit/relaunch to see if it's correctly saving and it will always save correctly. After playing, backup to PC.

EmuNAND 7.x without 2.0b2 is not very useful.
If you revert to 2.0b1, I think it's best to use an old EmuNAND version too (4.x, or 6.x), it will prevent the language bug, allow access to settings and applications, etc.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Most annoying bug could be that some games use different languages.
You could have games in japanese, spanish, etc.
Ah. Hopefully I don't run into this much. I only have Pokemon X and Animal Crossing on retail cartridges, and those are primarily what I care about playing for the time being. As long as one of my ROMs plays correctly, I'm happy with just three games and a 4.5 system until 2.0 final is released (and hopefully free of bricking code).

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
So a quick update on anyone considering doing the same thing I did (update to newest emuNAND via 2.0b2 and revert firmware to 2.0b1): as far as I can tell, I still have the newest version of emuNAND. HOWEVER, I cannot access system settings in emuNAND to verify this. It simply hangs on the "Nintendo3DS" loading screen with the red ripples until I power down and restart. Same thing happens when trying to open the eShop on 2.0b1.

I'll report back when I know whether or not online features of retail cartridges are still working in classic mode. I've only tried Pokemon X so far, and that requires an eShop update to work online, so no go there.

Xzi

Time to fly, 621
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United States
Well I'm quite pleased with the results. After the eShop and settings wouldn't launch, I thought functionality would be extremely limited on 2.0b1 with emuNAND version 7.1. Turns out that those are the only things which don't work, though. Online functionality of retail cartridges in classic mode works just fine, as do other apps like Hulu Plus and Netflix. Just be sure to download any apps you want and any needed updates for retail carts on 2.0b2 before reverting, and you're good to go. :D

Reactions: Cyberdrive

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    RedColoredStars @ RedColoredStars: There is an actual trailer with footage too. lol. Going to watch it tonight. Grabbed it from...