hama364

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
hi there,

I have a quick question: my 3DS is on 1.1.0-0E OFW and I got my 1st 3DS game = Nano Assault.
That game needs supposedly 2.1.0U.
When I insert it the 3DS says "there is nothing inserted into the Game Card slot."

Is that normal?

Gadorach

Electronics Engineering Technologist
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I've got a NAND backup from my regular 3DS when it was at 1.0.0-0U, but I can't see 1.1.0 being any different, honestly. I had no issues updating it with a copy of Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate though. If it's reporting "no game card inserted", then it's a hardware error. If you can, pop the motherboard out and clean the cartridge port, inside and out, with 99% isopropanol alcohol. If you don't have access to any, for some reason, get a can of compressed air and blow it out. An air compressor works too, if you have one. Finally, clean all the contacts of the game cartridge with 99% isopropanol, or, if necessary, use a vinyl eraser instead. Either way, this is a hardware issue, not a software one.

...unless it's like PewnyPL said, and it's a region issue. At which point, you do have a software issue, that you'll either have to resolve through hacking, or get a compatible game cart.

hama364

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Singapore
Oh dang, I forgot about the region lock...!!!

I got both 3DS and game 2nd hand, the game has LNA-CTR-AN3E-USA on it, obviously a US version. The 3DS has CTR-S-EUR-C1 printed on the back. Also the German GS and TUV sign and a German town name, so quite sure European version. SN is CAM1004xxx Interesting. This is not on the list of European versions. May be my version is a very old, first one before the one on the list. The very low number in my SN alos indicates that... the list has 1022xxx as the lowest, mine is 1004xxx

I believe the 3DS hardware is fine as battery, menu works well, also DS games play without issue. The game cartridge is very clean as well. So region look it is :cry:

So only EU original games games will work, yes? And if I want to upgrade the 3DS to 4.xx version also with original EU game only?

After that I could use any flashcart ...

MRJPGames

Pretty great guy
Trophies
Website
fizazy.com
XP
Country
Netherlands
Oh dang, I forgot about the region lock...!!!

I got both 3DS and game 2nd hand, the game has LNA-CTR-AN3E-USA on it, obviously a US version. The 3DS has CTR-S-EUR-C1 printed on the back. Also the German GS and TUV sign and a German town name, so quite sure European version. SN is CAM1004xxx Interesting. This is not on the list of European versions. May be my version is a very old, first one before the one on the list. The very low number in my SN alos indicates that... the list has 1022xxx as the lowest, mine is 1004xxx

I believe the 3DS hardware is fine as battery, menu works well, also DS games play without issue. The game cartridge is very clean as well. So region look it is :cry:

So only EU original games games will work, yes? And if I want to upgrade the 3DS to 4.xx version also with original EU game only?

After that I could use any flashcart ...

Yes, you could.
Either go for a game with a 4.x firmware (Luigi's Mansion 2 or Animal Crossing NL for example) or go with any game that has 9.2 or below and downgrade to 4.5 using the GW downgrader. (I think all games right now have 9.2 or below to be sure it has a newer version than 4.0 it should be released in 2013 or later)

Arras

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Literally anything between 4.1 and 9.2 will work. You can then downgrade to 4.5 if you want to, but that's not even necessary to use a flashcart.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Veho @ Veho: The cybertruck is a death trap.