Vc wad editing

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by MrDrejer, Oct 17, 2011.

Oct 17, 2011

Vc wad editing by MrDrejer at 5:31 PM (2,320 Views / 0 Likes) 8 replies

1. MrDrejer
    OP

Newcomer MrDrejer Member

Denmark
    Hey guys.

I'm new to this forum so I dont know if I'm posting this question at the right place.

I have been messing around with some injection of n64 games into n64 wads and found some that worked for my wii.

The tricky part comes now. I injected the games into a Sin and Punishment wad so therefore the banner, save icon production year, number of players etc. is still Sin and Punishment which i find pretty annoying..

I know there are editing tools on the internet and I have tried a couple of them without luck. As an example I have tried the U8 tool for editing which got me so confused that i gave up.

Is there a tool somewhere which can edit the things that I want in an easy way? Perhaps even copying the images and the other stuff from another wad directly into my wad?

Hope someone has the answer

- Mark

2. FIX94

Global Moderator FIX94 Global Moderator

Germany
  3. MrDrejer
    OP

Newcomer MrDrejer Member

Denmark
    I tried that one too.. but i didn't quite understand the program.. the name is VC Save Icon Injector/Save text Editor 5.0 but I can't figure out how to get the program to edit the banner and icon

4. FIX94

Germany
  5. MrDrejer
    OP

Newcomer MrDrejer Member

Denmark
    It helped a little bit.. So far i got the banner, production year and number of players working fine..

Now i have two problems.. The icon shown when your at the root of the system menu is all blured for some unknown reason.. The banner inside the channel is fine though as I said before... What could be the reason for this? I tried two image sizes.. 256x192 and 128x96 with the same result.. pretty annoying...

Second problem... The video shows how to edit the safe file icon for vc nes only... i figured out that the vc n64 save file icon was in the 000005.app so i extracted that and used VCSaveInject5.0 to edit the safe_banner... When i did this i got black screen when trying to start up the game after installing the wad... when the 000005.app wasn't touched the game still worked... so I guess I'm doing something wrong... Just can't figure out excatly what...
    FIX94.. I hope you know the answer... so far you have been a great help

6. MrDrejer
    OP

Newcomer MrDrejer Member

Denmark
    Would you mind making the wads for me that I need done? That might be a much quicker solution...

I have two wads that i need done:

Ocarina of Time v1.0 NTSC-(U) injected in Sin and Punishment PAL (E)
    Ocarina of Time: Master Quest NTSC-(U) injected in Sin and Punishment PAL (E)

Both are running perfect on my PAL wii with no editing...

What I want is banner, icon, save file icon, number of players, produktion year and custom channel sound.. I have to sound files...

I can email the two wads to you if you want to help :) Since youre from Germany you must have a PAL wii as well to test on?

7. FIX94

Germany
    Sorry but that's illegal to ask here. Even if it would be allowed I don't have enough time to make it... Maybe someone else can explain you how to make it for N64, its nearly the same and should work fine.

8. MrDrejer
    OP

Newcomer MrDrejer Member

Denmark
    I figured out almost everything now... stil one problem though... the icon on the wii menu is all blury still...

I tried unpacking sin and punishment and then pack it up again right after without using the U8 tool at all and install it.. the wad icon were still perfect...

Then i tried unkacking it with wad unpacker and then unpack the banner.bin and icon.bin with the U8 tool and then packing it all up again and install it... now the icons get the blury look... so i guess the problem is something with the settings in the U8 tool ...

I used the exact same settings as the guy in the video tutorial... of couse he was editing a nes vc rom and i am editing a n64 vc rom so it might need different settings... just cant figure out what i need to change in the U8 tool... fml..

9. MrDrejer
    OP

Newcomer MrDrejer Member

Denmark
    I finally solved the problems! Edited the sove file text with hex editor and put the wad through fuzzy fixer for the corrupted icon.bin... that did the trick..

Thank you for your time Fix94.. helped me a lot!