Hacking VC install using HBC & WAD Manager v1.0

wii_freak

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi, installed some wads converted from PAL to NTSC/region free using 'free the wads'.
Used WAD Manager v1.0: Some would install & work, a few load to a black screen & some give an error of (-12???); will not install?

Is it possible to get a PAL VC game/wiiware running on NTSC-J without patching them through FTW? If so is there any risk of bricking?

Will I have to DL NTSC-U/J ver of the games for best compatibility & chances of running 100% prob free?

Also I accidentally uninstalled the channel using the wii system menu channel remover & not in wad manager. Will I be able to fully remove the traces by running an uninstall on each of the corresponding games through WADm?

Thanks! Cheers!

Maikel Steneker

M3 Fanboy
Trophies
Website
ndss.nl
XP
Country
Netherlands
wii_freak said:
Is it possible to get a PAL VC game/wiiware running on NTSC-J without patching them through FTW? If so is there any risk of bricking?
There is always a risk of bricking...

QUOTE(wii_freak @ Jun 3 2008, 01:02 PM) Also I accidentally uninstalled the channel using the wii system menu channel remover & not in wad manager. Will I be able to fully remove the traces by running an uninstall on each of the corresponding games through WADm?
Yes.

zosh

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Papua New Guinea
maikelsteneker said:
wii_freak said:
Also I accidentally uninstalled the channel using the wii system menu channel remover & not in wad manager. Will I be able to fully remove the traces by running an uninstall on each of the corresponding games through WADm?
Yes.
No. You can remove the ticket with "WAD uninstallers", and using a system format you can remove playtime logs. But there's half a dozen other traces that cannot be removed by any software or process, mostly due to the way the Wii's system internals work.

teq

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
zosh said:
No. You can remove the ticket with "WAD uninstallers", and using a system format you can remove playtime logs. But there's half a dozen other traces that cannot be removed by any software or process, mostly due to the way the Wii's system internals work.

Actually, the play log is pretty much the end of the rope...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iIpfWORQWhU