Homebrew Vc Injects or Usb Loader GX

Minilandl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Hi I recently Installed CBHC and hacked my wiiu. I have all my Wii and GC games on a Usb hard drive for use with Usb Loader GX on vwii. Is it worth converting them all over to Virtual Console games is the convenience worth the time it would take. Are there any other advantages to having them as virtual console games compared to just using usb loader gx on vwii.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Some WiiWare and VC games are not working with USBLoader's default emuNAND Mode, and you'd require an additional setup of "neek" mode.
using inject will prevent you from messing with neek, but neek is a one pass config, while you might need to convert a lot of VC manually if you go with the inject tool.

The advantage of WiiU WiiVC inject is the gamepad support for games with Classic Controller support, and the HDD space to install lot of games. (you are still limited to 392 games installed on WiiU at the same time)

If you want a quick way to launch games, personally I'd prefer installing a forwarder to USBLoaderGX channel directly on WiiU (not a wiiVC inject, but a homebrew forwarder, or else USB will be disabled).
WiiU > USBLoader > all games in one place. No space limit, no game limit.

But you have 2 other solutions :

With gamepad support :
WiiU > WiiVC inject USBLoader > SD card and NAND only, no USB access. useful for nintendont and channels installed on vWii NAND.

Without gamepad support :
WiiU > WiiVC inject VC/WiiWare : doing that, the game is installed on WiiU side, not on limited size vWii NAND.

Sorry if I gave you more questions than answers.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: gurgleburble

Minilandl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Some WiiWare and VC games are not working with USBLoader's default emuNAND Mode, and you'd require an additional setup of "neek" mode.
using inject will prevent you from messing with neek, but neek is a one pass config, while you might need to convert a lot of VC manually if you go with the inject tool.

The advantage of WiiU WiiVC inject is the gamepad support for games with Classic Controller support, and the HDD space to install lot of games. (you are still limited to 392 games installed on WiiU at the same time)

If you want a quick way to launch games, personally I'd prefer installing a forwarder to USBLoaderGX channel directly on WiiU (not a wiiVC inject, but a homebrew forwarder, or else USB will be disabled).
WiiU > USBLoader > all games in one place. No space limit, no game limit.

But you have 2 other solutions :

With gamepad support :
WiiU > WiiVC inject USBLoader > SD card and NAND only, no USB access. useful for nintendont and channels installed on vWii NAND.

WiiU > WiiVC inject VC/WiiWare : doing that, the game is installed on WiiU side, not on limited size vWii NAND.

Sorry if I gave you more questions than answers.

I think I'll go with CFG Usb Loader for wii and gc games I also have usb loader gx installed as a channel. If I wanted to make custom vc games for ps1 and genesis would you be able to use Teeconmoons Injector tool and link to wii Homebrew e.g a ps1 emulator then pass it a ROM file in the game section.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sure, USBloaderGX/CFG/Wiiflow are all doing the same thing, just pick the one you prefer.

I don't remember if you can inject the PS1 emulator alone and load games externally from SD with the CPU speed hack, or if you need to inject a ROM at the same time.
If that's what you want to know, you'll have to ask in teeconmoon's thread.

If you only want to know if you can inject Wii homebrew (or even Wii forwarders to wii homebrew), then yes. But only SD card and disc are available when you are inside the emulator.

If you want access to USB when using a forwarder, then you need to use another Forwarder creation method, not Teeconmoon injector.

Last edited by Cyan,

Minilandl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
Sure, USBloaderGX/CFG/Wiiflow are all doing the same thing, just pick the one you prefer.

I don't remember if you can inject the PS1 emulator alone and load games externally from SD with the CPU speed hack, or if you need to inject a ROM at the same time.
If that's what you want to know, you'll have to ask in teeconmoon's thread.

If you only want to know if you can inject Wii homebrew (or even Wii forwarders to wii homebrew), then yes. But only SD card and disc are available when you are inside the emulator.

If you want access to USB when using a forwarder, then you need to use another Forwarder creation method, not Teeconmoon injector.

What other ways are there of creating channel Forwaders that give access to the vwii drive ?

JacobM

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I'll go with CFG Usb Loader for wii and gc games I also have usb loader gx installed as a channel.
Hmm, not sure why you would go with CFG USB Loader when a USB Loader GX forwarder is the only one with gamepad support (in beta version) as a VC Inject. Unfortunately, none of the loaders can boot Wii games from SD as a VC inject.

Unless something changed, I don't think WiiWare can be injected. You can only create a "forwarder" that directs to a vWii NAND channel.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
oh, you are right, sorry for misinformation.
You can make a forwarder to vWii NAND, but you can't inject it into a WiiU channel.

What you can do is "inject a vWii NAND loader" into the WiiU WiiVC, which will, once launched in vWii mode, launch one of the channel's TitleID you chose in the Script injector program. this method will work with the gamepad.
So, you still need to install the game on the limited vWii NAND.

What other ways are there of creating channel Forwaders that give access to the vwii drive ?
homebrew Developers created channels you can install on WiiU side (you know, you can install WUP installer GX as channel, or HBL as channel).
So, this is the same kind of channels (homebrew, not WiiVC injected) which can be used to boot the console in vWii mode and autoboot one of the installed channel on vWii. By doing that, you keep the USB Access because you are not using an injected WiiU WiiVC channel, but just a "vWii booter + auto launcher", and no gamepad support.

This is what this channel is doing : https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/
This channel is a modded version of the HBL2HBC channel. (used to boot HBC on vWii directly from WiiU mode)

The HBL2HBC channel doesn't need a modification to launch one of the installed WiiWare/VC on vWii, you can just edit a config file to create a boot menu on wiiu, but the channel was modified to change the logo to USBLoaderGX.

So, if you just want a forwarder to vWii channel, you can install HBL Channel and edit the config file with the titleID of the channels you want to launch.

Last edited by Cyan,

Minilandl

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
So if I wanted to make a wiiu channel for cfg usb loader I would just install homebrew launcher then use ftpiiu to edit the path and title id and icons

M7L7NK7

Trophies
Website
youtube.com
XP
Country
Australia
Why does the vwii overclock stay activated when switching to vwii mode? Is there a way to keep mocha's hdd as an sd going so you can use a hdd with the forwaders?

Tri-Z

Tri z
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So if I wanted to make a wiiu channel for cfg usb loader I would just install homebrew launcher then use ftpiiu to edit the path and title id and icons

HBL2HBC then in the text put the title id. Ftp is just to change icon and text
Delete hombrew channel LULZ I believe and put id to the one u want. Or can leave and add urs and when u boot it u will have a list and choose which u want to boot

U technically don’t need ftp. U can get job done without it. U will just have HBL2HBC Icon and text with app name but it will take u to what ever id u have in the text file. I forget if text file goes on root or in HBL2HBC folder in apps folder. Check instructions to verify

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Why does the vwii overclock stay activated when switching to vwii mode? Is there a way to keep mocha's hdd as an sd going so you can use a hdd with the forwaders?

It stays overclocked cause it’s treated as a VC title from Wii U. And it’s prob a no for mocha because that’s a Wii U mod or hack, whatever u want to call it. Don’t take my word but just using common sense to guess

Last edited by Tri-Z,

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Hi @Cyan, i'm bumping this thread beacuse i have one question for You.
I wanna play GC games trough Nintendo ti with Gamepad support in WiiU, but i don't want to edit the different options Everyeye time for each game (ex widescreen, 480p and so on).
Can i inject USB loader GX to Play GC games (stored in the SD) with gamepad support having the individual settings for each game that are stored in the USB loader config file?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, you can do that.

get the forwarder v5.1.dol from here.
https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders dols/

inject that dol into a WiiVC channel.
I'm sorry I don't remember if you need to enable or disable the "wiimote passthrough" option to enable Gamepad support while inside the loader. you might have to test and see :P

Then :
- replace your USBLoaderGX's boot.dol on your SD card with the boot.dol from the 1268mod04 in my signature (yeah, the zip will say 1269mod4 but it's a mistake, it's 1268mod is a 1269 beta :P), it allows gamepad support, and fix nintendont settings.
- put your gamecube games on SD card (USB is not possible when using WiiUVC)
the loader will generate a new nintendont setting dynamically for each games.

There is still a bug : HID USB controller seems to be disabled when launched from USBGX in wiivc mode, this is not normal, but I didn't have time to search the reason and fix it.
but, I suppose it's not important, because if you use WiiVC it's because you want the gamepad support, not HID.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Zonta85

Zonta85

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Italy
Thanks @Cyan, everything worked great and now i can play my GC games from SD launching usb loader GX directly through the WIIU menu without have to change Everytime the settings.
Now, what if I want to play games Wii games from my hard drive with usb loader GX through a WiiUmenu to vWii forwarder using the same .dol of the rev1269 beta?
There's a forwarder available or I have to inject it myself?

Reactions: Cyan

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
yes, it's possible and already exists, these one are legal to share (while the VC inject are not, that's why you had to inject it yourself).
you need 2 new forwarders, one on vWii, one on WiiU.

WiiU forwarder : https://gbatemp.net/threads/usb-loader-gx-forwarder-channel-for-wii-u-menu.482595/
this one will boot into vWii and loads the vWii forwarder.

vWii forwarder : https://sourceforge.net/projects/usbloadergx/files/Releases/Forwarders/
this one will boot the file located at sd:/apps/usbloader_gx/boot.dol

once in vWii mode, the loader has access to USB, and will exit game by reloading the loader (even with nintendont!). No full wiiu reboot anymore like when using VC inject.
to "return to the loader" when you exit a game, you have to set the "return to" setting to the USBLoaderGX forwarder channel.

Last edited by Cyan,
Reactions: Zonta85

ManiacMunchin

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
yes, you can do that.

get the forwarder v5.1.dol from here.

inject that dol into a WiiVC channel.
I'm sorry I don't remember if you need to enable or disable the "wiimote passthrough" option to enable Gamepad support while inside the loader. you might have to test and see :P

Then :
- replace your USBLoaderGX's boot.dol on your SD card with the boot.dol from the 1268mod04 in my signature (yeah, the zip will say 1269mod4 but it's a mistake, it's 1268mod is a 1269 beta :P), it allows gamepad support, and fix nintendont settings.
- put your gamecube games on SD card (USB is not possible when using WiiUVC)
the loader will generate a new nintendont setting dynamically for each games.

There is still a bug : HID USB controller seems to be disabled when launched from USBGX in wiivc mode, this is not normal, but I didn't have time to search the reason and fix it.
but, I suppose it's not important, because if you use WiiVC it's because you want the gamepad support, not HID.

Hi @Cyan, doing a little necrobumping since I'm looking to do exactly what @Zonta85 did ie playing GameCube games on the GamePad with individual settings, with the benfit of having a nice interface (as opposed to Nintendonts very basic menu).
I've read several of your comments on multiple threads, but I still can't get it to work... dumb noob >_<

I injected the forwarder v5.1.dol mentioned above with TeconMoons injector & installed with wup installer gx2.
Downloaded & copied USBLoader GX r1271* files to:
\apps\usbloader_gx\boot.dol
\apps\usbloader_gx\icon.png
\apps\usbloader_gx\meta.xml
The forwarder seem to be working (the banner I added show), but it falls apart when the app itself starts, with the error: "Failed loading IOS 58. USB Loader GX requires a cIOS or IOS 58 with ABH access. Exiting...". I was under the impression that the USB Loader was supposed to load outside vWii in order to retain GamePad support but my limited 2 week experience with Wii/WiiU suggest the need for an IOS (and not a IOSU) means it tries to load in vWii? Am I missing some other file, or is it simply a bad setting in the injector program (Wii/GC games inject & play fine tho)?
Nintendont works flawless with same setup, although I did used a premade forwarder.

*used r1271, since USBLoader GX r1268mod4, 1269mod3 whatever it is called is impossible to find with my google-fu - were those features implemented in later revisions (I somewhere you mentioned it would be included in the r1269final, had no luck finding that either)?

Thank you in advance & be safe!

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
1271 is fine, you don't need an older revision.
1272 has some bugs and you did great to use 1271.

The changes done in 1268mod (or 1269 beta), should be applied in the 1269 release.
maybe try that version?
Maybe I did a mistake in 1271 and broke WiiU forwarder compatibility?

you can find all releases in the official usbgx thread, first post, there's a link to all revision.

edit:
oh, it seems the last version on mediafire is 1268. (and it seems I can't login anymore to that place. Dimok might have changed the log/pass)
and not all versions are uploaded to sourceforge.
Were did I put 1269???

1270 has no changes
1271 added only wiimmfi fix for mario kart, it didn't change the way 1269 worked.
so, 1271 should be fine.

Maybe there's a problem with selecting the WiiVC IOS? (IOS255)
1271 has 249 as default, and doesn't try to mount 255
but Zonta said it worked, and lot of user do it that way to get a GUI for nintendont on WiiU injection.

I'm not sure why it's not working for you right now.
Verify you don't have a gxglobal.cfg with loader's IOS set to 58 in your folder, or try to edit the meta.xml and set ios=255

edit :
1269mod4 : http://www.mediafire.com/file/5i4uu0brrf906co/USBLoaderGX_r1269_mod04.7z/file
just in case.

Last edited by Cyan,

ManiacMunchin

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
Thanks for the fast reply!

I tested r1269mod04 first thing with my previosly made forwarder - worked like a charm :toot:
Now that I had a set of freshly generated config files (GXGlobal.cfg, TitleCache.bin etc) from the 1st boot of 1269mod04 - I decided to test the r1271 boot.dol again to see if it would boot, it wouldn't: still same IOS58 error. So I'm guessing the forwarder compatibility is broken(?) in r1271 as you suspected.

So a big thank you for digging up 1269mod4 for me... saved my day

PS.
About the wiimmfi support it is only for Wii games right, ie no GameCube like 'MarioKart Double Dash'? Cause if that is the 'only' diffrence vs 1269mod4, it wouldn't matter much anyway, since there is no way to play Wii games from SD-card - or am I wrong?

Last edited by ManiacMunchin,

Kallim

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry to bump an old thread. I've literally just upgraded from a Wii to a Wii u. Both are modded. I've been messing with a modded switch lately... But still love my Wii. I only updated because the Wiiu still has hdmi support.

I'm having trouble with my usb GameCube adapter. I believe this is because its not the official one. What I need is a Wii compatible one is that correct? However I'm thinking as a workaround could I inject the usbloader channel to my wiiu menu? Put the games (GameCube games) folder onto my SD card?

Would my wiiu adapter then work? If usb is completely off then it probably won't. If it's just off while the wiiu changes modes it could. Also I've read something about the black lead needing to be in the back?? Is this correct? My brother has the official one and said his works in the front?

I might look into a mayflash one (I believe these are the cheapest compatible ones). But if I'm using a y cable already in the back and I need the back port that could cause problems (but again if my GameCube games are on the SD card it shouldn't matter apart from the inconvenience of messing unplugging it).

Sorry if it's a noob question... I've a lot of homebrew experience but not on the wiiu.

Sypherone

Gaming Ninja
GBAtemp Patron
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
However I'm thinking as a workaround could I inject the usbloader channel to my wiiu menu? Put the games (GameCube games) folder onto my SD card?
Yes you can inject USB Loader GX and also Nintendont seperatly to WiiU menu. And able running the games from SDCard. In this case you are also able to play this GC games with the WiiU gamepad, but you are not able to load games from external USB drive. Just as additional info, there exist also a forwarder for WiiU menu to launch USB Loader GX in Wii directly.

But with details for the adapter i am out, as i know it needs to be a original one. Best check specification of Nintendont or USB Loader GX which gives a overview of supported controller and adapter/devices.

Last edited by Sypherone,

sonictopfan

Trophies
XP
Country
With gamepad support :
I know this is an old post but does this mean I can play WiiWare and VC titles which support the classic controller using the gamepad so long I run USB Loader GX off a Wii U forwarder?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: He's the reason why the banks closed lol.