Hacking VC Injection

samboni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just wondering - Is there a specific purpose to doing injections on the Wii VC games? Is it just to be able to have games that weren't put on VC playable on the Wii or is it the only way to install games you don't actually own? And for finding valid VC wads, is there anything I should look out for in the way of valid or invalid wads or anything I should do before installing any?

NES_player4life

NODERATOR
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.n64textures.com
XP
Country
United States
Wads are archives the contain a game/ROM and the proper code/emulator to run the game.
Wad injection is the process of replacing the game with another game of the same type in hopes that it may work.
These archives can and should be considered copyrighted as much as you would consider ROM's, ISO's, and BIOS' to be.

samboni

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So injection just means that a different game is run than the one intended for that wad? And again, for installing the wad, is there anything I should be careful of or do to make sure I don't brick my Wii? (I looked back at my original post and noticed that it sounded like I was looking for help finding them. I realize that is against the rules and was not my intention.)

HNKii

Trophies
XP
Country
Switzerland
So injection just means that a different game is run than the one intended for that wad? And again, for installing the wad, is there anything I should be careful of or do to make sure I don't brick my Wii? (I looked back at my original post and noticed that it sounded like I was looking for help finding them. I realize that is against the rules and was not my intention.)

Make sure you have Priiloader installed (on Wii, do not install Priiloader on WiiU's Wii mode), since a bad banner will cause the System Menu to crash. However, you can always test the banner by installing the injected wad into dolphin emulator and run the System menu wad and see if the banner works.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

Recent Content

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night