VBAGX Wii auto-colorization

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by masterz87, Nov 28, 2014.

1. masterz87
    OP

masterz87 GBAtemp Fan

Apr 21, 2013
    United States
    As the title says, will this emulator use a gameboy color bios to make it auto-colorize the games? I know it has a select list of pallettes for games but the original gameboy there's a lot more games that have their palette used if they detect they're on a super gameboy or a gameboy color and I'd really like to have that capability especially with most of the GB games.

2. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    I don't think any versions of VBA GX have this feature. You could try Gambatte via RetroArch, which does GBC colorization but not Super Game Boy.

3. Jayro

Jayro MediCat USB and Mini Windows 10 Developer

GBAtemp Patron
    Jayro is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Jul 23, 2012
    United States
    Octo Canyon
    I think all someone has to do is add GBC BIOS support, and it should work. custom Super Gameboy Borders would be sweet too, similar to GameYoB by Drenn.

4. Vague Rant

Vague Rant Deceptively cute

Aug 7, 2008
    Melbourne
    Jayro, libertyernie's VBA GX fork already has custom SGB border support. RetroArch also has its overlay system which can be used to display borders, but it's a bit more effort than libertyernie's approach since it's not really tailored to that function.