Vba wii update (only useful for them pal people's though :()

Brainy142

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
emu_kidid decided that he would do a few little minor additions to this emulator before he dropped it totally from my list and so here's the results.

Wii Port

* Wiimote / Classic Controller / Gamecube Pad support
* Front-SD ROM Loading
* Front-SD SRAM Saving and Loading
* MEM2 ROM Storage for fast access
* In-game Menu with ability to exit to loader (Home button)
* Auto frame skip for those core heavy games

GC Port

* SDGecko ROM Loading
* SDGecko SRAM Saving and Loading
* In-game Menu with ability to exit to loader (X+Y)
* Auto frame skip to give you the illusion of full FPS

Please note, there's not much of a GUI if anything. The only way you can load another ROM is to exit to the loader through the in-game menu or simply reload the DOL.

Please note, this is coded in PAL60, if you change it you will probably mess up the timing and things will go horribly wrong due to frame-skip relying on this.

Roms must be placed in /VBA/ROMS/ and cannot be compressed.
Saves will be placed in /VBA/SAVES/ and will automatically be loaded if they exist.
The GBA BIOS file is to be placed in /VBA/BIOS/BIOS.GBA.

If you want to use a Wiimote/Classic Controller, turn it on during the ROM selection menu for it to be detected.

Full source code is included. You will need to wait until the current libOGC CVS is updated to devkitpro r15 and actually working. I compiled using a modified devkitPro r14 and libogc from CVS. Use the pre-compiled GBA.o (done with level2 optimizations) if you wish to compile this software again. (GBA.d will need to be modified) This is a messy build process but it's the only way to get it working for now.

Wii/GC ports by: emu_kidid,
Original Gamecube port: softdev.
VBA by Forgotten (http://vba.ngemu.com/)
libOGC/devKitPro by shagkur/Wintermute.

Download: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/attachment....mp;d=1211992216

Forum: http://www.tehskeen.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7421

That's my news for today

Note: Runs WAY too fast

cris92x

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
webyugioh said:
Just tried it on a NTSC Wii, and it's not TOO bad.
Tried out metroid Fusion and it was noticeably fast, but playable.

Will try out Fire Emblem next, because if the text go really fast, thats a plus.
Wait I thought it was for Pal? how did you get it running...

Brainy142

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Note: I apologise for the confusion on the "ntsc/pal" It just runs too fast in ntsc, the author said that he would have problems converting it to ntsc due to timing issues. Also he is unfortunatly done with this project.

In good news, he is working on wii64
smile.gif

RupeeClock

Colors 3D Snivy!
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I just gave this a spin on my PAL Wii, and here's the games I tested.

Wario Land 4 - Played extremely well, naturally some parts caused a small bit of lag, like graphical effects involving water or escaping from a level.

Metroid Zero Mission - The speed was pretty erratic and would frequently, suddenly speed up screwing up your timing with jumping.

Megaman Battle Network 6 - Speed was good, on occasion it would get a bit skippy (like whenever there's an internet area with a moving background) but it was highly playable.

Tetris DX (GBC) - Played 100% perfectly.

This is a good homebrew, best suited for the GB/C games naturally, but Wario Land 4 on the wii should be a good time (and even a good waiting game for Wario Land Shake.)

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Wlak like a Wlaker