VBA save files won't work with vbagx. HELP!

Discussion in 'Wii - Emulation and Homebrew' started by soldevice, Sep 23, 2009.

Sep 23, 2009
  1. soldevice
    OP

Newcomer soldevice Member

United States
    I don't know why they won't work. Surprisingly my save for Golden Sun worked (it's a .sav), but all other .sav files don't for some reason. I tried renaming them and I tried using SA1/SA2 files in there, but they aren't recognized when I try to fire them up on the vbagx. So is there someone here that can help me out with this? I really don't want to have to start over with a good deal of my games...Do I need to convert them somehow or something?

HELP!

2. OriginalHamster

Member OriginalHamster UStealthy

Chile
    make a game save, and try load it.

3. soldevice
    OP

United States
    No dice. I deleted my old save files and made a new one in the same spot I was in within the game (I'm using FFV btw). I made a battery save AND a save state. Neither is recognized. Also, why does the VBA on the PC sometimes make .sav files and sometimes make SA1 files? Why be so inconsistent with its files? Is it a flaw? Or is there a reason for this?

4. OriginalHamster

Chile
    vbagx has always been tricky and unstable with saves, I know, I have lost alot saves in Fusion, the latest version is pretty stable though, no problems so far. And I'm afraid you will need to start a new fresh save, sorry.

EDIT be sure you made a battery save very often, to backup your snapshots. vbagx is very picky with saves, even old saves from older version doesn't work with the latest.

5. soldevice
    OP

United States
    Aww, lame. I guess I'll give the other GBA emulator a try. Maybe I'll get better results there. =/

Thanks a lot though.

6. OriginalHamster

Chile
    BTW do you have vbagx 2.0.7?

7. Wingedkratos

Newcomer Wingedkratos Newbie

United States
    If you haven't already, I suggest that you get an app called the Homebrew Browser. It makes searching for apps easy and you can update them from there as well. (Pretty sure that emulator is there as well, and if you don't have the latest version there, then you can download it there or just find it manually on the internet, though the Homebrew Browser makes it a bit easier...