Emulation VBA is dead, VBA-M is the future.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Hi everyone, i just wanted to post some info about VBA-M. VBA-M is where Forgotten (original developer) left and the VBA-M community is improving it.

Some of the improvement.

QUOTE said:
Improved Core, decreases the minimum cpu required slightly.
Improved (and more work to be done yet) audio core, fixes audio artifacts in GBC and GBA games which cause popping and crackling.
Improved Controller settings, allows you to assign multiple buttons.

Additional patch type supports (UPS for Mother3 GBA)
Improved RTC, and save type support.
Added MBC-7 support (basic), allows games to run and save, but does not use the correct save size.
Various game control/sound/core timing faults

Load Savestates without overwriting the previous battery
Kega plugin support, allows support for additional plugins made in the kega format, without having to recompile the emulator.

VBA-M is open source, VBA-M community is also planning to add linking too. You are all welcome and if you have any questions, like the old VBA didnt support a specif game or had specif problem you are welcome to our site or you could just PM with the issue.

Oh last thing we also have VBA-GX which is a VBA-M port for the Wii and Gamecube.

http://vba-m.com/

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I had posted about it a few times around here but nice to see a rep from the project.

Others reading I will back Flame™ on this one, this version took the best of all the many mods floating around and merged them into one codebase. Now it fairly stable I am happy running it as my main GBA emulator.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

spotanjo3

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
It is not new. Mudlord works on it for under 2 years.
smile.gif

Amak

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
granville said:
shanefromoz said:
Wheres the windows version????
Here- http://internap.dl.sourceforge.net/sourcef...yAdvanceM878.7z

And I do agree it's the future... on fast computers. I have an older PC and have noticed it is a LOT slower than the old 1.7 official builds. Sad really since it claims to be faster (not true) and it has better features than the old one.

I'm sure that once they optimize everything it will run a lot faster.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
granville damn your PC is 10 years old
tongue.gif
people its still beta so plz make backups, its still in the making.

Quote from one of the dev's

QUOTE said:
the price for accuracy is higher requirement, which is why i added the auto skip function back in because it doesn't jump like a hard set frameskip.

granville

GBAtemp Goat
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah my laptop is old. My desktop can thankfully play it pretty much fullspeed with HQ4x on.
biggrin.gif
Hope to get a new cheap laptop very soon (looking at a cheap Acer Aspire 4530 since those are like $500).

This build DOES feel faster than the old one. Much faster, possibly 20% faster maybe. I might finally be able to play it on my old laptop.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
we're having some issues with 7zip files getting corrupted when downloaded from the server, the files exist perfectly but we need to tweak some settings to fix it.

the x64 versions aren't up to date anyway.

Volk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just downloaded this for mac and tried it out for like 5 minutes before it crashed.

I chose the "full screen enabled" which apparently is slang for "if you think we'll allow you a choice after this you're an idiot"....

It goes to full screen AUTOMATICALLY after booting it and the only key that will make it small again is escape, however, this will cause it to imediatly crash. It does not allow you to fix the preferences before you emulate something, and it wont let you chose anything once you've started cause its on fullscreen which means no menu at all....

Fix this asap, please.
unsure.gif

As it is I have gotten it to work by using AppCleaner to fully uninstall the program and reinstalling, if you try the "simple" uninstall by just tossing the app on the trash it will continue to have the same problems, I suppose the 5 files that come with the application can't be deleted unless you go digging all over the HD....
hate2.gif

DanTheManMS

aka Ricochet Otter
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Assuming it's anything like the Windows version, all the settings are stored in a file called "vba.ini" which is the file you'd want to delete in order to reset to default settings.

Flame

Me > You
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Volk said:
I just downloaded this for mac and tried it out for like 5 minutes before it crashed.

I chose the "full screen enabled" which apparently is slang for "if you think we'll allow you a choice after this you're an idiot"....

It goes to full screen AUTOMATICALLY after booting it and the only key that will make it small again is escape, however, this will cause it to imediatly crash. It does not allow you to fix the preferences before you emulate something, and it wont let you chose anything once you've started cause its on fullscreen which means no menu at all....

Fix this asap, please.
unsure.gif

As it is I have gotten it to work by using AppCleaner to fully uninstall the program and reinstalling, if you try the "simple" uninstall by just tossing the app on the trash it will continue to have the same problems, I suppose the 5 files that come with the application can't be deleted unless you go digging all over the HD....
hate2.gif

bro i dont have a mac, or anyone that i know so i can test this. I don't think any of dev's have a mac too. I told the two of the dev's about this issue so hopefully it should be fixed in the future release.

the truth is, if this was a windows or a Linux problem, it would have been fixed in days if not hours, but the emu world inst very mac friendly.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    NinStar @ NinStar: CRAZY HAMBURGER